Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Seneca breech plug

Boolit Master

Seneca breech plug

This is probably a pretty big reach but I'm in the market for a 13/16 breech plug for a Seneca or Cherokee. If you have any squirreled away and willing to part with, please PM me.
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Master
    contact fort chambers in Chambersburg pa. they do have a website. they had some in the case when I was in last time.

Boolit Master

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately sold out.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Master
    Try Track of the Wolf. I know they have plugs for the larger guns. Good luck.
    Bob
    SMOKELESS IS JUST A PASSING FAD!-STEVE GARBE

FORMER NJ HUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR
    GOA LIFE MEMBER
    SASS LIFE MEMBER

ADAPT, IMPROVISE, OVERCOME!
    "ANY MAN WHO THINKS HE CAN BE HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS BY LETTING THE GOVERNMENT TAKE CARE OF HIM, BETTER TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE AMERICAN INDIAN!"-HENRY FORD

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I needed one about a year ago to breech a barrel for my Seneca in another caliber. At the time, TOW was out of them and didn't know when / if they would he more. I think that bob208 may have recommended the same thing to me but I found one before I contacted chambersburg. Once in a while they come up on fleabay but not often. Good luck in your search - it would be nice if someone made a batch of these as they allow a drop in barrel to be made to switch out different calibers.

Boolit Buddy
    The Gun Works is supposed to be getting some in from the forge soon. I had an order in with them and that's what they told me when I called. They have a website. Joe and Suzi are great people. I just found a new one with 5/8x18 threads on eBay for $25. Surprised me to get it to be honest. Original TC Seneca breech plugs have a different thread that doesn't match the 5/8x18 threads of most 13/16" barrels.

Boolit Master

It appears it was available for purchase. We shall see, once I receive it, I'll post it in case some other members need one. Thanks.

Update: The lady just called and told me they were not in stock, hopefully in a month or two. On the notify list, which is a lot better than the list I'm usually on.
    Last edited by Jeff Michel; 02-02-2019 at 02:14 PM.
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Master
    Try Tip Curtis in Cross plains Tn. The last time I saw Tip set up at Dixion's fair he had some.

Boolit Buddy
    Until they get them in watch eBay. That's where I ended up stumbling across the one I got. It's new, never installed. It was pure luck but I'll keep an eye out for one too. If I see one I'll let you know.

Boolit Master

Update: Spoke with Mr. Curtis this morning. Had none, he was aware of no current source. Thanks, nonetheless.
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Master
    Log cabin shop was another place that use to carry t/c parts maybe they still have a breech plug?

Boolit Master

Thanks Hawkeye, the Log Cabin Shop is only about an hour east of me. I stopped by a couple months ago, no such luck. FWIW, if any of you are ever near Lodi Ohio it would be a shame if you didn't stop and walk through their firearms museum. They also carry an extensive selection of parts for building you a new smokepole or period equipage if you like to dress the part.
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB