Inline FabricationRepackboxSnyders JerkyWideners
RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Permanent case identification for reformed cases

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    This is the method I used on .270 Win to reform to Argentine 7.65X53. The 270 was range pickup. I don't have a 270 and there is a lot of rifle brass at the range I belong to every early fall when guys go there to sight in their deer rifles.

If I need to do any more or a different conversion, I'll try some of the things posted here.
    I really like the notch idea! I have kids that enjoy shooting, but donor cases scare the **** out of me with them (218 Bee, 25-20, 32-20, etc). Do the notches cause any problems with cycling? Or do they hang up anywhere that you've seen?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

It doesn't take much of a notch to ID the case. The only disadvantage I can think of is if you used that method to ID two or more different cases from a similar donor case. I haven't so it isn't a problem.

Too, I only load mid range or lighter loads in the Argie. I won't ever push a rifle that is over 100 years old, no matter how good condition it is in.
    John
    W.TN

i found that if one were to tumble the donor brass in powder coat then stand mouth down on a nail board to bake at 400F the results are similar to a feathered out anodizing. imo it looks pretty cool and very unique.
    first time i tried it i used 10mm auto brass that at that time i knew nobody that shot it so i tried PC to see what it would do.
    started by dry vibe tumbling the range brass
    PC'd it as fired
    then sized in a 40S&W/10mm lee die
    PC didnt come off

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123