Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad DataInline Fabrication
PBcastco Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cigarette roller ???

Boolit Master
    If you can find one. Old Benson & Hedges rolling machine works well. Never had much luck with the Zig-Zag or Top rollers which is a clone to Zig Zag machines. But I've always thought if somehow I could shorten a Top machines width so to barely accommodate a cast? It may be useful for the purpose.
    To be honest. To date. I have never seen a boolit rolled tighter than those I've wrapped by hand. Although if I'm unable to roll years from now. No doubt my wife would help me out.

It must be human nature to try so hard to make simple tasks more difficult.
    Lay the cut and wet paper on a board or mouse pad perpendicular to the edge facing you, with about 1/3 of it hanging over the edge closest to you.
    Place the bullet with the nose facing to the right on the paper with enough paper to the left of the bullet laying free to make your twist tail.
    Pick up the short end of the paper (that closest to you) and lay it across the bullet. It should not reach the long piece of paper laying on the pad or board.
    Place the pad of your index or middle finger on the paper covering the top of the bullet and roll the bullet and paper away from you.
    You should now have a bullet covered by a tube of paper with a hollow tube of paper sticking out below the base.
    Grasp that hollow tube of paper with the thumb and index finger of your left hand and GENTLY twist the paper and bullet in opposite directions while pushing them together.
    You now have a wet patched bullet with a twist tail. Stand the patched bullet upright in an ammo box and let dry over night.
    Clip the tail when dry with a pair of toenail clippers or diagonal cutters, lube and load.
    Brodie

Banned

... or just wrap with dry paper and slip into pre-loaded cases.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190208_012551.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	235548

Here is a pic of the patching board i made . I added the lines to help get them all the same.
    We go through life trying to make the best decisions we can based on the best infomation we can find, that turns out to be wrong.

Boolit Master
    Thanks everyone. I had been patching 45 slugs with dry paper but found wet paper to patch well on the 30 cal so long as I do not stretch enough to get an overlap.

I have the same question about cigarette papers. I am loading .430 boolits in a .444 Marlin. Two wraps of cigarette paper give me .434, which is just about perfect. Is the cigarette paper too flimsy to make a good patch?

Thanks.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Master
    When I was rolling smokes I got a roller from a head shop in Woodstock. That was before my handloading days.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12