Titan ReloadingRepackboxLoad DataReloading Everything
WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winchester 9422

Boolit Man
    I have a first year manufacture that I bought off my cousin when I was 15 for 90.00. I'm 60 now, and it gets used from time to time. I know it's quite effective on backyard coyotes, with Winchester 40 gr hollow points.This is one that I won't part with.

I have one also, very accurate with any ammo.

I purchased one because everyone talked about them being the best 22lr made. I bought mine off of GunBroker and it was in mint condition when purchased. That does not matter to me, I shoot all my rifles and that is what I was going to do with this one.

I have very short arms and stature, I need all my rifles to have a 12" LOP so I can operate the lever while the rifle is on my shoulder. So I cut the rear stock to have the LOP at 12". Stripped the finish off the 9422 XTR and wax finished it. I put a Skinner peep on the receiver and a .500 Brass Skinner front sight on her. I now have my favorite rifle of all my rifles. These rifles are just to accurate, I literally have to try and miss the target it shoots so well. I also put a sling on it. Best 22lr ever made that is exactly the way it was explained and definitely a true statement.

Aim Small, Miss Small.

I have a 9422 Mag XTR, and boy is it a shooter. I don't normally scope a levergun, but mine wears a 2-7x Redfield. It has become my go-to rifle for pests around the homestead. I picked it up about 4-5 years ago for roughly half of what they seem to be going for nowadays.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12