RepackboxLee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad Data
Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2

Thread: WTB: concentricity gage (possibly)

WTB: concentricity gage (possibly)

Looking into the possibility of getting a concentricity gage tool. I think I want one now, but never really had the need. More of a temp want...

Looking to see what might be collecting dust or in a junk box.

Need not be new or newly priced. Plus I have various dial indicators already

If you've already got a dial indicator, you pretty much just need something like a small V block to hold the cartridge. I sort of kicked myself for buying my RCBS concentricity gage (used) once I handled it and saw how simple it was.

You can get results from a hunk of metal and a vise that you can from other devices, just takes a little more time or not as easy to use.

Boolit Master
    I bought a nice one from Jim Carmichael once, and I also bought a RCBS one.
    Then I found the Hornady model, tried it & bought one. I sold both of my others.
    Why?
    The Hornady one has a pusher that allows you to adjust the bullet in the case to align it. Also, many of the other types,, you can get erroneous readings by the amount of pressure you use when turning the case.

If you are looking at getting one,, look hard at the Hornady model. It may be pricey at around $100,, but watch the sales etc, and get one. When I'm loading my rifle ammo, especially my serious stuff,,, I check every round. The gauge is cheaper than buying competition grade reloading dies for several calibers. And, no,,, I'm not shooting competition. I just like to have excellent ammo for hunting. Game animals deserve clean kills. I use a T/C Contender in 7x30 Waters, and make a lot of neck shots on deer. Accuracy is important, and I want my ammo to ba as good as I can make it.

Thanks guys!
    After all my research I think I may build my own. Or I may jump and get a 21st century.