Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationLee Precision
Load DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here is how I get my tin......

In Remembrance

After a bit over 35 years of dragging a pipe wrench around and doing all kinds of soldering jobs and even some lead & oakem work I have a decent sized pile of different solders and pure lead from my trade time. The latter end of my working was with the `lead free` solders. I unwind a few wraps of this stuff around my hand and add it to my 50/50 alloy mix in an RCBS 22 lb. pot then bring the temp back up and check it for what I`m looking for.Robert

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    As long as we're braggin". Went to an estate sale a few years ago and came home with a partially used 50 pound roll of 50-50. Yup, fifty pounds. Actual weight 42 pounds when I got it home. Paid $35 for it as I recall.
    Well, you have me beat. However, I will still keep trying.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob692326 View Post
    I raid the salvation army stores for pewter as they usually are glad to give you a deal if you buy enough. Just familiarize yourself with the "markings" so you know what percentages you are dealing with.
    Where I live, pewter is quite rare. However, I have found a very large thrift store that seems to have a piece here and there. Usually it’s overpriced cups, but I did find a 1.5 pound pitcher last week, and 1.25 pound tray today for about $7 each. They made some nice ingots!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12