Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR 15 dumb??

Boolit Master

AR 15 dumb??

The family bought me a Anderson multi cal. carbine in 5.56/223 and I was wondering can I buy a 300BO upper and put the lower on it ?
    Frank G.

Boolit Man
    Yes, but you'll eventually put together or get its own lower. Ask me how I know.

Yep, push the two take down pins out, swap uppers, push the pins back in. And yes, you'll eventually end up with several lowers with different stock options.

Boolit Mold
    Sure can and use the same magazines, just be very careful and not mix your ammo.

Boolit Master
    Thanks looks like a 300 BO is next.
    Frank G.

Boolit Man
    Forgot to mention that you can even modify 223/5.56 brass to 300BO brass.

Boolit Master

sure can, the AR platform is like barbies for men.

Boolit Man
    Or LEGOs!

And So It Begins.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

You think your family got you a nice gift they did not know what they have done sale it quick before your broke. I avoided the black gun for a long time just did not need one then I found the 300 BO before it was a off the shelf item thanks to this site which is another reason I have spent so much money.
    It was shortly after I had my 300 less then a year they go public and I can now buy one off the shelf for half of what I have in mine.
    So now I have the 300 223s and a few lowers just in case. Was looking at the 7 TCU since its the same bolt carrier and mags or a big bore I keep resisting but grow weaker all the time.
    I made a trade with a fellow member not to long ago and in that trade was a stripped lower which he had all the parts to build a 223 pistol he had not put one together yet and while I was visiting him soon the kitchen table was covered with a blanket and soon his new toy was put together but I did not have a buffer tube wrench with me so delay on test firing.
    I got a call a few weeks later he shot the gun with some of his local buds and two of them now have one of the set ups on the way and told me two others also have ordered.
    I just ordered some stocks for two rifles I want to tune up for a winter project or I would have order a kit the price was crazy cheap still may pull the trigger on one.
    You been warned soon you may have all the gear to built your own and you need a bigger safe to hold your collection good thing you reload the new kids eat a lot.

I think we should call this the Black Plague cure is unknown.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Or you can just trade barrels. BO, 40WT, 30 Hamer, etc. If it's a multi cal lower the only thing you can't do is change from rifle/carbine to pistol.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

If you reload .223/5.56 ARs & 30cals already, 300BLK is a no-brainer. They're fun to shoot with supers, more so with subs/suppressed on pistols.
    You can even be more exotic if you already reload 6.8cals or just keep .277 projectiles, you can go .277WLV...
    Both just need barrel replacement, everything else are stock AR15 parts including mags & parent case.

Boolit Master
    Just put together a PSA 1/7 twist carbine for $360! At the price, I need to order 3 more!

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Quote Originally Posted by RP View Post
    You think your family got you a nice gift they did not know what they have done sale it quick before your broke. I avoided the black gun for a long time just did not need one then I found the 300 BO before it was a off the shelf item thanks to this site which is another reason I have spent so much money.
    It was shortly after I had my 300 less then a year they go public and I can now buy one off the shelf for half of what I have in mine.
    So now I have the 300 223s and a few lowers just in case. Was looking at the 7 TCU since its the same bolt carrier and mags or a big bore I keep resisting but grow weaker all the time.
    I made a trade with a fellow member not to long ago and in that trade was a stripped lower which he had all the parts to build a 223 pistol he had not put one together yet and while I was visiting him soon the kitchen table was covered with a blanket and soon his new toy was put together but I did not have a buffer tube wrench with me so delay on test firing.
    I got a call a few weeks later he shot the gun with some of his local buds and two of them now have one of the set ups on the way and told me two others also have ordered.
    I just ordered some stocks for two rifles I want to tune up for a winter project or I would have order a kit the price was crazy cheap still may pull the trigger on one.
    You been warned soon you may have all the gear to built your own and you need a bigger safe to hold your collection good thing you reload the new kids eat a lot.

I think we should call this the Black Plague cure is unknown.
    Freightman, you're gonna love it!

RP,

This is going to make you ill, but, last summer I bought a 1-8" 300BLK upper minus BCG and charging handle, for $169 on sale from, IIRC, Palmetto State Armory.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Buddy
    Another one bites the dust. Save time and start looking at safes, on sale, as you will need the room.

Banned

yes you can. I do like to at least buy a bolt group to go with the barrel. Bolts can be swapped from gun to gun and from 556 guns to 300 bo guns but they do wear into a barrel so I like to have a dedicated bolt for each upper. Seems many times ive done the buy an upper thing but it eventually has been put on its own lower. You can put together a complete lower for under a 150 bucks today so its kind of silly not to. these days with the scares of the liberals getting there way I usually keep a couple built lowers around anyway. As a matter of fact I just ordered a 16 inch 300 bo upper from palmetto this morning. Still have another built lower that might eventually be a 6.5 Grendel. cool thing to me about ars is im retired and just don't have a lot of gun money. Ars let me buy them a few pieces at a time when I get 50 bucks ahead.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    The family bought me a Anderson multi cal. carbine in 5.56/223 and I was wondering can I buy a 300BO upper and put the lower on it ?
    You can absolutely do that. Just keep in mind that 300 BLK WILL CHAMBER AND FIRE in a .223/5.56, and you will not like the results. Keep the ammo/mags separated and it shouldn't be an issue.

To me, the .300 BO is funnest so far-but now I'm wanting a 6.8 because I have a lower half just sitting there doing nothing......277 wolverine maybe. As stated keep your .300 mags marked, painted, magpul only, whatever it takes to prevent insertion in a 5.56.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks to moleman I’m playing with a 357 max Ar! One of the great things about ARs is the wildcats. For the price of a barrel and maybe a bolt head there’s a ton of cool cartridges to get the most out of an AR.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	985D8709-AAC9-4364-B063-5A3C7927CC43.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	235030

Boolit Master
    Thanks guys I have already caught the "Black Plague" 458 Socom,50 BW, 6.5G,300 BO, ect. ect Now to find room and $$$ LOL
    Frank G.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast