Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
WidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: CMMG Rim fire Conversion

Boolit Master

CMMG Rim fire Conversion

Just got a Midway sale flyer today and saw this AR conversion. It looks fun, can anyone tell me something about them? Reliability, function, etc? Specific ammo likes/dislikes?
    Thanks
    Semper Fi

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

There's a lot of recent user reviews on the MidwayUSA website:--->>> https://www.midwayusa.com/product/25...tainless-steel

My son is pretty knowledgeable about AR gadgets.
    He has a Colt .22 conversion unit, but when I asked him about the CMMG unit he said that they work fine.
    I watched him fire his Colt conversion unit at 100 yards for the 1st time, and was surprised at the accuracy using the .223 barrel.
    He was able to keep all of his shots on a paper plate shooting offhand with standard peep sights without any problems.
    Because he has a flat top, he bought a cheap carry handle with a sight that he could install and take off very easily so that he didn't need to keep re-adjusting
    his .223 sights when using the conversion.
    IIRC he was probably using American Eagle ammo [not that it really matters], but would also use it at .22 rifle plate shoots for the fun of it without any issues.
    Even though the Colt conversion unit is only similar and not identical, it's still only using the .223 upper and not any special .22LR barrel.

I thought that was one of the reasons why CCI came out with their .22LR AR Tactical ammo., for use with AR conversions kits, and .22LR AR uppers and such.
    That ammo has slightly higher velocity but is said to be extremely accurate.--->>> https://www.cabelas.com/product/CCI-...MO/1805657.uts

Banned
    They work fine but if you look, you can my a complete S&W 22RF AR clone for a few bucks more.

In Remembrance

I have had one for several years and have been very happy with it, it doesn't seem to matter which ammo brand or velocity I use in it. Using the standard AR sights and a couple sandbags I can go 7 of 10 shots on an 8" steel plate at 100 yards. This was from my 16" Del-Ton 1/9 twist upper, no worse or better than my 10/22 but it's just a neat little add to item.

They work very well, it's a good system. If you really want to do it right as an SBR, CMMG sells 4" barreled kits that are already chambered correctly. Then you can get an 8" handguard and completely cover a suppressor!

Also, there's an adapter out there that allows use of S&W M&P15-22 mags(the best mags) in an AR lower.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault (4).jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	235243