RotoMetals2Load DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
Wideners

Thread: WTT: .224 Bullets for Shot-up Chronograph Parts

WTT: .224 Bullets for Shot-up Chronograph Parts

I was at the range yesterday & a guy shot his Caldwell Chronograph. Can you imagine anyone doing that! LOL
    Attachment 234883Attachment 234884
    He shrugged it off & said he wanted a Labradar anyway. He graciously let me have the mortally wounded chronograph. When I got home I disassembled it & found out that the major damage was to the display module. The other holes seem superficial. So here's the trade I'm proposing. I'll trade 100 ea .224 cal bullets (obo) that I swagged with rimfire jackets for your dead/shot-up unit if you have one. Mainly interested in an intact display screen. I know this is a long shot, any hoarders out there with a dead Caldwell?

TIA
    Last edited by pertnear; 01-29-2019 at 06:58 PM.
    Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

Boolit Grand Master
    Have you tried it to see if it still works

Boolit Master

I just ordered one. Going to make something to protect it. And use the phone app to see the readings.

Quote Originally Posted by rockrat View Post
    Have you tried it to see if it still works
    Yep, it's dead....
    Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

Boolit Master

I would contact the company first and see what it 1) would cost to repair should you send it back to the factory; or, 2) what a new display screen would cost IF they would even sell you one.

Just food for thought.

HV
    Life's biggest tragedy is we get old too soon, and wise too late.

Boolit Buddy

I wouldn't want to say Texans tell tall tales, but I did obtain a tape recording of Pertnear's conversation with Caldwell's customer service department: "Ya'll know it gets pretty hot here in Texas. So anyway, I was out on the range and it was about 145 degrees in the shade. I set up my Caldwell chrony and could see the plastic housing wasn't responding well to this Texas heat. Anyway, just as I fired my first shot, that housing flexed 'cuz of the heat and jumped up a good foot and a half, right into the path of my bullet! That's not the worst of it: The now-deflected bullet hit the target stand's steel upright and ricocheted straight back at us! It went through my front and rear windshield and then hit my friend Bubba's new Dodge Ram, causing it to explode in a ball of flaming debris. Some of that debris landed in my truck bed and set my wife's rare Princess Diana Beanie Baby on fire! Our loyal and brave Catahoula hound "Blue" jumped into the truck to save it and then we saw him with the flaming Beanie Baby clutched between his teeth, headed at a good clip towards ol' Fred Penert's oil tank farm. Out of the huge explosion and fireball, Blue came running back with all his hair burnt off and Fred wasn't looking too good either. I've already paid for all of the damages out of pocket so far, but I think Caldwell should shoulder at least some of the blame.

Tell ya what, send me a new chronograph, a case of steaks for ol' Blue and ten cases of Oly beer for Fred and we'll call it square. I'd ask for something for the wife, but I just got served divorce papers from her via the psychiatric institute where she's now incarcerated, so I guess she's out of luck.

Sincerely
    Pertnear from Texas by God!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc1 View Post
    I wouldn't want to say Texans tell tall tales, but I did obtain a tape recording of Pertnear's conversation with Caldwell's customer service department: "Ya'll know it gets pretty hot here in Texas. So anyway, I was out on the range and it was about 145 degrees in the shade. I set up my Caldwell chrony and could see the plastic housing wasn't responding well to this Texas heat. Anyway, just as I fired my first shot, that housing flexed 'cuz of the heat and jumped up a good foot and a half, right into the path of my bullet! That's not the worst of it: The now-deflected bullet hit the target stand's steel upright and ricocheted straight back at us! It went through my front and rear windshield and then hit my friend Bubba's new Dodge Ram, causing it to explode in a ball of flaming debris. Some of that debris landed in my truck bed and set my wife's rare Princess Diana Beanie Baby on fire! Our loyal and brave Catahoula hound "Blue" jumped into the truck to save it and then we saw him with the flaming Beanie Baby clutched between his teeth, headed at a good clip towards ol' Fred Penert's oil tank farm. Out of the huge explosion and fireball, Blue came running back with all his hair burnt off and Fred wasn't looking too good either. I've already paid for all of the damages out of pocket so far, but I think Caldwell should shoulder at least some of the blame.

Tell ya what, send me a new chronograph, a case of steaks for ol' Blue and ten cases of Oly beer for Fred and we'll call it square. I'd ask for something for the wife, but I just got served divorce papers from her via the psychiatric institute where she's now incarcerated, so I guess she's out of luck.

Sincerely
    Pertnear from Texas by God!
    Mr. Doc1,

I don't know how you got that recording, but it is FAKE NEWS! It was Mrs. Pertnear's rare Melania Trump Beanie Baby that caught fire. That Beanie Baby was pretty-near in perfect condition before the fire. Besides that, Blue is only part Catahoula!

Hope you stand corrected,

Pertnear

Boolit Buddy
    Just made my day lol-lol-,,

coffee's ready ,, Hootmix.

Boolit Buddy
    I have replaced lcd displays at relatively low cost from electronics supplier.