Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load Data
WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dillon precison

Boolit Bub

Dillon precison

just wanted to give a shout out to this guys. After using red for my first few years and never being happy with them i decided to go blue. i had some trouble with the primer pickup tubes, dillon sent me 2 new ones. i bent my primer follower rod, totally my fault, contacted dillon told them it was my fault and id pay for replacemeny as i did not want to abuse their warranty, they told me it was covered and sent me new one. I am now blue for life. Their prices make me wence but now i understand why they are worth it. If you are trying to decide between red and blue, i recomend the long term investment.

Boolit Master
    Buy once, cry once...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy

I've always experienced great customer service with Dillon. Will most likely add a second blue to the bench this spring.

Boolit Master
    Im on my second Blue press, a 550C. As soon as we buy a house, im adding another 550, used or new doesn't matter. First was a Square Deal B. Great press for me to start on, I was only loading 9mm. Id take another if it came up, but the 550 is just so versatile.

Boolit Master
    I think that Mike Dillon's son is running the show since Mike passed on, and is continuing the high quality, great customer service and the no ** lifetime warranty on their fine products. All that is worth the price, IMHO.

I recently picked up a used 450 that has most of the 550 upgrades. Needed to get a few parts like the small primer cup and punch and their chat representative was very helpful. I am super excited to use this press and know in the future that I will be covered by their warranty.

Boolit Master

bought my first SDB for $129.95 Customer number is 61XX so I got in at the beginning

now have 4 blue presses
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Master
    I got my first blue a year or so ago. It was a brand new SDB that is 29 years old and had never been out of the box.
    Great press. I got it in a trade. Would have been nice to have a 650, though.
    I still use Rock Chuckers for rifle and decapping.

Banned
    There are two types of progressive presses, Blue and everything else.

Of those two choices, Blue is the only way to go.

Moderator Emeritus

To add to comments, after maybe forty years using my 550b, with quick-change set-ups for nine different calibers, I experienced my very first snafu a couple of months ago. To wit, the primer pick-up was not going back far enough all the time to always catch a primer. I tried "everything", and even bought an after-market plate with an over-priced ball bearing on it which looks pretty -- but did not solve my problem.
    Then, I made a call to Dillon, and fellow ("Phil") actually admitted mine was a new problem to him (which I do not know if I totally believe -- fellow may just have been being nice(r)). However, he gave me a couple of things he might do if it were his press, and by gum and by golly... his first suggestion "fixed it"!
    To have gratis problem solutions but one toll-free 'phone call away; and -- the "flavor" of the tech -- he made me feel so good, rather than perhaps stupid in calling -- sure, imho, says a lot for Dillon!

Boolit Master

I added my second 650 last year. Now I don't have to switch primer sizes! At one time I had two Hornady LnL presses. I picked up a 650 in a sweetheart deal and sold one LnL. Once I set up the 650 I realized how much better of a press it was than the LnL. Then I added a case collator to the 650 and couldn't even look at the LnL. I sold that LnL and made due with one 650 for a couple of years. Now that I have dual 650 presses I'm happier than a pig in mud.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master
    I bought my 550b about 20/25 years ago and am still waiting to need warranty for anything Dillon made.

Boolit Buddy

My first Dillon press a 550 came about by chance been green all my life and I have to say that I am impressed. The ease of reloading on these presses is just great I look forward to many years of pounding out rounds on this machine and maybeeeee a couple more in the future haha.

My kid bought one last week I almost think its unfair that he didn't reload for 20+ years before he got his first blue press but oh well now I don't have to reload 9mm for him anymore!
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Boolit Master
    Whenever I'm teaching someone to reload, I make them knock out 100 rounds of 9mm or .45 using a rock chucker, explaining everything as we go.

Usually after that, they'll make some comment about how they'll probably just buy a single stage press to get started.

Then I let them load 100 rounds on one of the Dillons.

I wish I made a commission on all of the presses I've sold for Dillon.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Master

My friend has a Hornady progressive press. He couldn’t use it while he was moving a few years ago so I offered him the use of my Dillon presses. He couldn’t get over how much nicer it was to load on the Dillon presses.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Grand Master

Dillon has a nice line of products and their customer service is legendary. I would like to have one of their MiniGuns!

Boolit Master

Wouldn’t we all, with a complimentary 1050!
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master

georgerkahn: So how did you fix the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by NoZombies View Post
    Whenever I'm teaching someone to reload, I make them knock out 100 rounds of 9mm or .45 using a rock chucker, explaining everything as we go.

Usually after that, they'll make some comment about how they'll probably just buy a single stage press to get started.

Then I let them load 100 rounds on one of the Dillons.

I wish I made a commission on all of the presses I've sold for Dillon.
    Started off with a single stage. Even though I like the workout, my body will appreciate the Dillon!

Boolit Buddy
    Welcome to the "dark side" OP I've started with 550, couple years ago added 650

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast