Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackboxReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Rendezvous was Fun

Small tent only needs small heat. I used to use a tarp lean-to with a hatful of fire and the toboggan and log stack rigged to bounce heat back at the tarp. Really good sleeping bag. If I got cold enough to wake up I could reach out and slid a few pieces of wood into the fire to build it up a bit, little warmth and back to sleep. One time I did wake up to find my husky mix had managed to slide inside my mummy bag, he was warmer, I was warmer, it worked.

Got older went to a 3-4 man tent for two people with a candle lantern or small propane lantern on low for heat. Could keep the walls from being frozen for about 2 feet off the ground. So over 32* where we were sleeping.

Cold isn't a problem if you can stay dry. Rain and cold is a disaster. One I have hit a few times in the rocky mountains so I'm guessing the mountain men had it to deal with on a regular basis. Even with modern gear it is unpleasant. Tolerable but not pleasant, even less so if one isn't able to just hunker down and wait for weather to clear but has to pack and hike. Even packing a car and unpacking to set up are dismal with wet conditions and chilly temps. Imagine a pack horse isn't better.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie2002 View Post
    I would join the club, they shoot every month, but I'm about 130 miles away over by Daytona Beach which is a bit too far away to be an active member. Still the yearly trip over is well worth it for all the fun. The trick with <1840 camping is to keep all the modern stuff hidden in the tent and keep the flaps tied shut.Attachment 234894 Here's my setup in a 10x12 wall tent.
    Oh oh,cover that cooler up child.Not period correct.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Eddie - I've stayed in motel rooms that haven't been that nice! LOL That's a nice set-up. I haven't done a rendezvous in quite a few years . . . usually used a wedge or a trail tarp if by myself. Doesn't matter how good a person shoots . . . it's all about having fun and meeting good folks. A good cross wind thrown in might be a hassle but it's realistic conditions. Sounds like fun was had by all!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12