Inline FabricationRotoMetals2WidenersReloading Everything
Load DataRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading

Thread: Cleaning my 45-70

Boolit Master

Cleaning my 45-70

It is a beautiful day in Cherry Valley, 77% so I decided to clean rifles outside. When this picture was taken I had already cleaned and put away the other rifle. As you can see there is nothing behind us. I wish I could set up a target and do a little offhand practice but I wouldn't dare. Just after you pulled the trigger, you would be in the Cross Bar Hotel, muy pronto.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Grand Master

Very picturesque

It's the best time of the year in So. Cal. Do you shoot up at Hodge Road? That was my go-to place after Lytle Creek and Horse Canyon closed down.

Looks like a great day for outdoor cleaning....hey...betcha can't hit that water tank HAHAHAHA!!!!

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Pretty country , sure you can shoot there you just need one of those things the screws onto the end of the barrel that quiets things down
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chsparkman View Post
    It's the best time of the year in So. Cal. Do you shoot up at Hodge Road? That was my go-to place after Lytle Creek and Horse Canyon closed down.
    We shoot at the public range at the end of Lytle Creek road. What was closed in Lytle Creek was open shooting beside the road. I am not sure where Horse Canyon is. There is a nice range in Yucca Valley but it is only open Friday, Saturday & Monday and it only has ten benches. The idiots who run this state are doing there best to close all shooting ranges.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

I have a 40 yard pistol range at the back of my house that sits on 2-1/2 acres and shoot once or twice a week. I also live in CA., but it is Northern CA. that is still very conservative over Southern CA. or the cesspool they call the "Bay Area". I have two rifle ranges within a 30 minute drive that go out to 500 yards and free use to the public.

Boolit Master
    I was in Yreka, Ca several years ago. Mostly religious broadcasting on the FM radio channels. I could not find an open gun shop. I stopped into Walmart out of curiosity. There were zero firearms in the store.
    There was about zero rifle ammo. There was some steel shot waterfowl ammo for shotguns and that was about it. Just looking at the store shelves the place resembled a police state.
    EDG