Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: Most Important Gun Went Down

Boolit Master

Most Important Gun Went Down

Apparently a T50 Arrow doesn’t make a good hammer. Had to tear it down and rebuild it. I bought it second hand in Gulfport Ms at Jay Jay’s pawn on highway 49 like 25 years ago. I had to grind the rivet off and re-assemble with a screw and jam nut. Works well and saved 20 bucks.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master
    the bostitch T-8 tacker is a better staple gun.

Boolit Master
    LOL. NO they don't. You can use a hammer tacker instead once in a while, to get staple in, and the backside of those works OK for a hammer if you are just banging the staples down a bit, but I wouldn't use either for driving in any nails.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

I used it for a BP ball starter (with dowel rod) a few times and I also tried to clear a guy's 9MM squib with a cleaning rod. That's what dented the body of it. I had to tap out the dents with a planishing hammer and polished the guts and wiped all the years of rust and crud out of it. I oiled it and re-assembled and it was good to go.
    Last edited by EMC45; 01-27-2019 at 04:23 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by EMC45 View Post
    Apparently a T50 Arrow doesn’t make a good hammer. Had to tear it down and rebuild it. I bought it second hand in Gulfport Ms at Jay Jay’s pawn on highway 49 like 25 years ago. I had to grind the rivet off and re-assemble with a screw and jam nut. Works well and saved 20 bucks.
    You are behide on inflation they are close to $30

I have my late dads T50 stapler, he was an electrician and used it a lot. He's been passed 30 years now. When my house burnt down 4 years ago it was in the truck cause Id been shooting. Bout the only thing of his I have left other than his zippo I carry. I don't smoke, just carry a lighter.

Boolit Master

I tried to upload a pic, but the phone is being goofy.

In Remembrance

Several months back I give my youngest son the dickins because he didn't return my T-50 and I needed it, he swore he gave it back. He told me the timeline of events when he returned it, I sort of remember it but can't find it no where so I constantly got on him about it, more of a heckling then anything.
    I found a deal at an online yard sale and bought two T-50's and two boxes of 3/8" and 9/16" staples for $5, how could anyone turn down that deal. Well about a month later my son was loading boxes to move to a new house and what did he find, My T-50 that he returned to me, lol. I let him keep it, he earned it, lol. I had owned that stapler since the early 80's when I put some new covers on a few motorcycle seats.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by lead-1 View Post
    Several months back I give my youngest son the dickins because he didn't return my T-50 and I needed it, he swore he gave it back. He told me the timeline of events when he returned it, I sort of remember it but can't find it no where so I constantly got on him about it, more of a heckling then anything.
    I found a deal at an online yard sale and bought two T-50's and two boxes of 3/8" and 9/16" staples for $5, how could anyone turn down that deal. Well about a month later my son was loading boxes to move to a new house and what did he find, My T-50 that he returned to me, lol. I let him keep it, he earned it, lol. I had owned that stapler since the early 80's when I put some new covers on a few motorcycle seats.
    Oh yeah, mine has done double duty as well. Not just a range tool. The wife reupholstered some chairs and I've hung insulation with it etc. etc.

I bought it because at the time I was shooting at the GPD range in Gulfport off Pass Rd., and all the staplers there were shot up.

Boolit Master
    I Also drilled out the rivet and fixed my T50?then used a bolt and nut

Boolit Master
    Funny but I always find staplers at the range always missing the center rod and spring guide

Boolit Master

Yep; T-50 keeps having offspring. Seems that they illegally cross the border (property limits of the Ranges I belong to) leave their offspring, then I find them laying out in the field when I go down range to targets. I rescue them, and then send them home (my home). Have about 9 or 10 T-50's ; all but one were Range Finds.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jniedbalski View Post
    Funny but I always find staplers at the range always missing the center rod and spring guide
    Found a spring and follower rod on the ground at the range the other day.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by EMC45 View Post
    Found a spring and follower rod on the ground at the range the other day.
    THAT is where I left it!

Banned
    Every time I see a new "wonder" stapler appear at a range, I see it again in a trash can about 6-9 months later. The T-50 isn't perfect but nobody has managed to really improve upon it.

I have one that has been riding in my range bag for well over 20 years. It has been rained on, dropped in the snow and baked in the sun. Still works !

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    It is possible to put so many staple through one to wear the anvil down to the point that it will jam. I don't know how many rolls of tarpaper, on how man roofs, but my knees say it was a lot,,,,,
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

I run a small range , and I go through st least 3 staplers s year.

Dropped. Beaten. Kicked thrown. Staples Jammed. Stolen. Springs and rods bent.

And yes shot.

My fav is a portable electric stapler I found for the older guys that can't use them anymore.

If that one gets shot I'll go back to tape

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

In Remembrance

Last year I picked a Hyper Tough stapler out of the trash can that looked new, cheapy walmart five dollar job. It didn't work at all until my thumb was in front of the wrong spot, lol. After a little research I found that the only thing wrong was wrong size staples, filed off a few burrs, added the right size staple and I have another stapler in the mix that works fine.

Boolit Bub
    I have one odd ball stapler. I think it's an old Sears one. All my other staplers, are one size, but that one takes 13 mm staples. Of course, it's the one that I can find the quickest. Maybe I should just shoot it, and put it out of my misery.