Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone NOT held the Sig P365?

Boolit Master
    Well the Sig had a good enough track record to land the Government contract to replace the Beretta 92..........as well as the Glock and S&W offering.

Winelover

Banned

Love my 320

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Edited to not sound snarky.
    Say what you will. Don't hold back. Why so serious???
    "A 365 in every pot" my 2020 campaign slogan.
    Actually, "what you want in every pot."
    You don't buy a 365, off to the re-education camp.

Boolit Grand Master
    I am waiting to see if the considerable problems with the 365 repeatedly breaking have been resolved. This will take time and wear on multiple user’s guns before anyone can be sure.

In the meantime the pokes at Glock seem rather unfounded, especially given the G43 has a far better reputation for not breaking.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I think Glock's biggest advantage is that they have been refining the same gun and creating new variants of it for almost 40 years, instead of starting over from scratch every 10-20 years.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    Say what you will. Don't hold back. Why so serious???
    "A 365 in every pot" my 2020 campaign slogan.
    Actually, "what you want in every pot."
    You don't buy a 365, off to the re-education camp.
    Oh, I'm not serious. The original comment was speaking to the tendency of people to lash out at others with the response that you did about caring what other's choose. Not saying your response was in the same vein of the typical response and it came off as dismissive or snarky so I deleted it. Didn't want to appear that I was attacking you specifically.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Banned

Fair enough
    I wrongly assumed that my comment that no one should care what other people picked to buy and shoot was offensive.
    It is all good.

Boolit Buddy

No interest at this time, but who knows if my opinion will change in the future ?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    I think Glock's biggest advantage is that they have been refining the same gun and creating new variants of it for almost 40 years, instead of starting over from scratch every 10-20 years.
    DING!DING!DING! The trees have stayed pretty much the same - we don't need to drastically re-invent the axe. The peddlers of axes, however, seem to have a need to periodically convince us that the axe has been drastically re-invented.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

I ain't looked at one, never even heard of it. It does look like a nice little gun. If I were to get a small 9mm I think I'd get a khar. Cw9 I think is the model but I ain't sure. I seen one in the store used and it felt good and was just the right size for me.

Handguns are such a personal decision. So many different hand sizes and shapes, it is impossible to make one grip fit everyone.
    You just have to find one that fits your hand well.

Boolit Grand Master

Not interested - so no, I haven't held one. Haven't even looked - I carry a 1911 or a 38 Special, not interested in a 9.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
    DING!DING!DING! The trees have stayed pretty much the same - we don't need to drastically re-invent the axe. The peddlers of axes, however, seem to have a need to periodically convince us that the axe has been drastically re-invented.
    Thanks. That is why I gave up on Ruger bottom feeders. As soon as they get all the bugs out of a gun and everybody is happy with it, they make it walk the plank and start over with something completely new. P series, SR series, and now the wide as an ocean liner American Pistol series.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

Say what you want but love my Ruger sr1911 no issues with them at all
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master

I shot a 365 yesterday. It was great.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Quote Originally Posted by winelover View Post
    Well the Sig had a good enough track record to land the Government contract to replace the Beretta 92..........as well as the Glock and S&W offering.

Winelover
    Track record had nothing to do with that. The SIG was chosen because it was dirt cheap. The required second round of testing was not even done before the contract was given to sig. It was a real **** show to put it lightly. Small Arms Solutions did a very good video and write up on the whole deal.

The P365 does not have a very good track record thus far. Lots of reports of failures including bad failures like broken strikers. Military Arms Channel bought 3 P265s for his personal use. First one lasted 800 rounds until it broke, second one went 400 rounds until it broke and he just bought a third one which has 30 rounds through thus far. I don't trust the P365 nor SIG. SIG has been using their customers as beta testers for a while now.

Boolit Grand Master
    Vids like this from a guy who has no clear ax to grind and the MAC channel are not giving the gun a clean bill of health. Note in this vid the gun used is quite recently produced, so whatever bugs are present have not been worked out yet, which is too bad.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RCgX2MsoKi8&t=1427s

I haven’t, and won’t. I have a 2.0 9c that fits the 9mm, otherwise it’s a 686+ 3”, Colt Combat Commander, Shield 45 PC, or 442 I’m carrying. I’m starting to save for suppressors and tax stamps instead now, as well as getting ahead with components before the next election. I have a sneaking suspicion that it’ll be uglier than 08 and 12.

Yes, the 365 is some sort of trickle down space magic. Capacity and handfeel are simply off the charts.

Boolit Master
    I bought one. $525. Fits my hand, sights align when I point it, shoots well, easier to shoot than a j-frame, but prints worse in a pocket. I've shot a few blocks, some sigs, and the Beretta's. It's no 1911, but it's the first 9mm I've ever found that offered a good enough reason to own a 9mm.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast