RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingWidenersLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All the time lost, Never going back.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart View Post
    I tried the dump method and it is faster, but the since powder flows the coating is heaver on one side. I also didn't like the bare spots or the spot where they touch, on my bullets. In a day I can coat, stand & cure literally thousands of bullets, enough to keep me shooting for a very long time and my bullets are about as perfect as PC bullets can get. So I guess to each his own, but for me I will take quality over quantity every time.
    I haven't noticed a lot of flow around the bullets, which is interesting because I want to stand them up to flow the coating down (probably means that isn't really happening). However I am a bit annoyed by the sticking and resulting creases or snags in the coating. I don't think it matters from any pragmatic standpoint except I feel like on the bullet tips and points it may have some effect on aerodynamics. I don't know the scientific answer and since i shoot mostly within 30 yards, it probably doesn't matter. 30, 25, or 22 cal out past 150 yards I imagine there is some impact to those irregularities...
    -Mike

Boolit Master
    I got this SS rack that is a good fir for 9mm at a local chain store, Bed Bath & Beyond. Amazon is also a good source if you can determine the grid size, sometimes answered in the "review questions".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12