Snyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxLoad Data
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lyman Sabot Moulds from Mihec.

NO the idiot DHL driver left my package in the "A"garage where my wife's car is parked and the the Seat Riser assembly table is. (I have A, B, and C garages.) I wouldn't have found it for a few more days as it has been raining like hell and we wouldn't have driven her car as it is relatively clean and mine is dirty. I had to go thru that garage to get to the B garage where my car is parked so I didn't get rained on. (C garage is my shop.)

I hate DHL and would never consider using the to ship Squat just because of many instances like this one.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    This time DHL was excellent,I got an email reminder every day.

And the driver actually called me before coming,I was in town so we met and I picked up my package there.

Obviously people in Finland care a little more about their jobs than the people we get here in California. Our guy couldn't even walk 30 feet more to the Front Door.

Miha does nice work. I showed it to my wife and she even said it looked nice.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"

Boolit Master
    35 yards,standing,open sights. Not a proper grouping test,I wanted to try function first.

Lots of wad petals on the snow - again this is a re-filled 1 oz factory trap shell.

Attachment 236208.

Attachment 236209

Petander: is there any choke in your barrel? Looks like it functions OK.

Randy

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    Petander: is there any choke in your barrel? Looks like it functions OK.

Randy
    No choke,a fixed cylinder 18".

Boolit Grand Master

Did you cast them from soft lead? I ask because very one of those I have seen cast from soft lead "squishes" down and the skirt flares out I believe which may cut petals. Filling the base with hot melt glue or equivalent will help support the slug or casting from harder alloy.

Then again it could just be the fit with wad and bore. Have you pulled a wad and measure petal thickness?

Longbow

Boolit Master
    These are about 14 BHN. I cast pretty hard but my alloy is getting softer with all this trap lead shot I'm getting here.

I think the cheap trap wads are just too weak anyway. These may also be a little tight, the fun part with these "econony slugs" is finding ammo with approppriate wads. This Bornaghi here fits nice,the slugs "snap" in the cup. But of course I can't find more Bornaghi now, trying Nobel which doesn't fit as nice. The Nobel hulls also feel thinner and harder,sort of cheaper. Bornaghi could be reloaded,I wouldn't bother with Nobel.

I might try a stronger,proper wad next,changing them is easy.

Boolit Master
    Well I had to go... the road is plown open... Man's gotta go when man can go.

The Nobel brand / Mihec- version of my "Economy Slug" is better than I thought. 35 yds,still no bags or support or scope. I should mount a rail for a red dot... This is a smoothbore M3.

Attachment 236276

Wads do get toasted but the bases look ok.

Ciao Petander, you might think of using Nobel Sport GT wads. Depending on the powder you use, either the 24 or the 27 (I use the 27, works great on hogs with that slug)

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyfromItaly View Post
    Ciao Petander, you might think of using Nobel Sport GT wads. Depending on the powder you use, either the 24 or the 27 (I use the 27, works great on hogs with that slug)
    Oh yes,proper loading is different. My "Economy slugs" use a factory trap round, I cut the crimp with a a drill press, pour out the shot,insert slug and roll crimp. Done.

I use those for short range practise. Up here,powder alone costs more than a complete,loaded factory round.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12