Load DataInline FabricationWidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: Thoughts on gifts for ladies

Thoughts on gifts for ladies

I like to give people close to me gifts. I work with several ladies who are competent professionals at their jobs and make my job much easier. Whenever Mrs. Thumbcocker and I go on vacation we like to bring small gifts for our respective office staffs. Turquoise and silver ear rings are a big hit but at some level it is the thought that counts.

I am pretty close to one staff person in the office. She and I get in early and talk about kids, hunting (yup she deer hunts) and life in general. In the past Mrs. Thumbcocker and I have given her a scope for her slug gun, a cammo hunting pouch and this year for her birthday a Swiss army knife. The SAK is not what one would normally think of as a present for a woman but over the years I have given several to female friends. The small scissors are a big hit.

One person that worked in our office for 3 years is my unofficial adopted daughter. She is Korean (U.S. citizen), about 5 feet nothing in her sock feet and maybe 100 pounds soaking wet. I trained her and she is an excellent prosecutor. She lives in Chicago. In the summer we send her jars of home canned stuff and sometimes sweet potatoes or Korean melons we grow. (gotta love the flat rate boxes). She once told me about being in New York city visiting a friend when there was a power outage. The friend had no food in her apartment and their phones were dying. When the power came back on they placed massive delivery food orders incase the power wen out again. I gave her a solar phone charger and some Wise food buckets. In the past she also got a SAK. For Christmas I bought her a lithium car booster pack. These are about the size of a carton of cigarettes and will actually boost a car from scratch. They will hold charge for a long time and also charge up phones.

This morning she sent me a series of texts (she is a millennial after all) that her car would not start but then she remembered the booster pack. She followed the directions and started her own car. She was thrilled with her accomplishment and very appreciative.

I guess where all this is going is that you don't have to limit gifts to ladies you care about to chocolate, frilly stuff, or traditional "girly" gifts. Practical things may not be appreciated at first but they may be later.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master

Next time you feelin' generous...follow this guy's lead
    https://www.wearegreenbay.com/news/l...mas/1594590046

I have offered. I did teach her to shoot and she did well in the Illinois ccw class using my Model 31 Smith.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

I try to gift something special I do better with the boys in the family my wife handles the girls. I know the person well enough to know what they are into sports or hunting the best gift I been told was a shooting day. He came over to the house and I got a bench out a 30/30 and a 50 cal ammo can of PC 180s loaded with trail boss and told him to shoot all he wanted. His dad started telling everything he was doing wrong and even shoot some himself I had to run him off. Then it was my boys and his older brother. After I explained to them its his day and all he needed was to get to know the gun and shoot. After they let him alone his group went form 10 to one big ragged hole.
    Only thing he was worried about was all the bullet were hitting low on the target so I gave him some reg hunting rounds he put 5 MOA at 100 yard well less then MOA. He was confident he would hit what he shot at and that was the goal since he gets very little range time.
    That evening my wife and I sat in one box stand where I could see the other box stand where he and his older sister were sitting. A deer came out between us and was trotting he was while me and my wife glassed the deer I was telling he he needs to shoot he needs to shoot. Around 150 yards out from him the deer stop and then dropped to the ground. A second or two later she heard the report off his rifle that kick for her and I was tickled he nailed the deer. He was so happy he made a clean shot on the deer and it was a great day.
    I know long story but the point I am trying to make is the gift seemed little or not much of a gift but he learned some skill and knows how important it is to practice shooting for me it was a win win.
    Since then I been ask by some of the other kids if they could have a shoot day at my house and yes some of the girls want to also. Wife family is large so I have kids from babies to 16 year old so I will need to do more reloading.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon