RotoMetals2RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky

Thread: Promising results Titegroup in 308

Promising results Titegroup in 308

Hello,

I love shooting “popcorn loads” in my centerfire rifles. My favorite load 10 grains unique has had me covered for years now. Unfortunately unique is getting harder to find here and also more expensive. Having about 20 pounds of Titegroup got me wondering if maybe it could be used instead of my old time favorite load.

All dies used were made by Lee (love there dies) used my neck sizer followed by a universal case expander die to prep the brass. Loaded a PB 311041 copy under 8.9 grains of Titegroup and finally applied a light crimp using my Lee FCD.

And here are the results at 50 yards. Will load up some more and go out further but so far looking pretty promising.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1E37F688-3A88-40EB-B041-16C574FBAAB4.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	234710

Name:	8623AF66-1686-415F-B8AD-6481D4052B27.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	234711
    Proud to serve, U.S. Army Infantry

Boolit Buddy
    I worked up cat sneeze or mouse fart loads in my 30-06 and 30-30 using TG. Cant remember the charge in the 30-06 but the 30-30 I got down to 3.5 gr and they were still clearing the barrel. Still working on those a little more before I start chronoing and working shot group. BTW the cast boolits were approx 170 gr and PC in both. Next attempt will be 150gr cast boolits in the 30-30.

Boolit Master
    Love Tite group in light plinkers!

I believe (citation lacking but I have read it somewhere so take it with a basketball sized grain of salt) hodgdon advertises this as capable of low density loadings as it is not position sensitive

I've had as low as 3.8 grains under the Lee 90 grain 312 swc powder coated for 300 blk. (Bolt gun) - accurate enough to cut saplings in half at 50 yards....giggle factor is high too. So much fun! Hearing safe-ish....like a 22 lr

Also put it in 303 under that same bullet...I plan to work up some accurate loads for 30 06 too...with a light loading of that, 8lb will last you a loooooooooooong time. Just bought some from Graf's for 139 I think...

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by John McCorkle View Post
    Love Tite group in light plinkers!

I believe (citation lacking but I have read it somewhere so take it with a basketball sized grain of salt) hodgdon advertises this as capable of low density loadings as it is not position sensitive
    I don't know if they advertise it or not, but I use their website for load data pretty frequently, and nearly every bullet has some sort of Titegroup load for it.
    MC-130J Driver
    Former T-6A Texan II Driver
    FAIP Mafia
    Hook 'em all

Boolit Master

Tite group is an awesome powder for a lot of loads.

Boolit Master

Name:	IMG_20190126_112704.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	234721

Only shot this, this week.
    308 win
    170 gr hp
    6gr titegroup
    10 round group
    66 meters
    Rifle, AIA no4 mk4 B10
    Conditions wet, cold and hungover.
    I've had much success in 303 br as well, 115 to 210gr boolits more than 5.5 up to 9 gr .
    Be well
    When you read the fine print you get an education
    when you ignore the fine print you get experience

Here's a recent 100 yard group with the C309-170-F with a Vulcan Aluminum gas check and 13.3g Titegroup in mixed brass out of a nearly 40 year old Remington 788 in .308

Titegroup is a great powder for low recoil loads. I can get good subsonic groups with the C309-200-R and Red Dot. I should probably see if I can do the same with Titegroup.

This is at 50 yards.

In my sks I loaded 2.5gr tg under a 311-90 at 930fps have yet to test accuracy but even at 1.5gr it went down range you could watch it go down the range if u keep both eyes open