Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: scope value

Boolit Buddy

scope value

I found this weaver appears to have some magnification. Has D6 USA by the name weaver no turret caps, and some rust. what do you think it worth I paid 3.00 bucks for it.
    Last edited by redriverhunter; 01-26-2019 at 04:19 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Here pic

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    it is a 6x scope for .22 rifles about 1974. you did good for $3.00.

They're good scopes, and look right on a antique .22.
    You did good, but its one of those deals where if you're not in the scope selling business, it's hard to get much for it on resale.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    It's a three dollar scope that would cost you six bucks to ship. Put it on an old .22 single shot or something. It would be "period correct" on an old Stevens single shot or something like that. I used to buy those kind of scopes when I was a kid and they were around ten bucks or less new...but that was a very long time ago. I remember putting one on a brand new Marlin single shot back in the mid sixties and the gun was eighteen dollars brand new at the store.

Boolit Master
    I still pick up Weaver "D" series scopes to complete the older .22 rifles that come my way. Their smaller tube diameter makes them look just right on a .22.

Boolit Master
    I would say you might of got your moneys worth and thats about it. Personally I hate those thin tubes and wouldn't of bought it for a quarter.
    East Tennessee

Banned

im not a big fan of old weavers or any old scope. More then half of them I see are yellowed or lost there gas seal and fog and if they haven't yet are just trouble waiting to happen. Ive even had old leupolds that seals have dried up and they lost there gas. Not to be the naysayer here but I wouldn't waste my time writing a check for one and if I got it for free it would either sit in the junk box or at best be put on a cheap 22.

Boolit Master
    It's likely worth $3. I have it's 4X little brother on an old Winchester 77. I used to be able to shoot a fly on the board fence at about 25' as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by jimlj View Post
    It's likely worth $3. I have it's 4X little brother on an old Winchester 77. I used to be able to shoot a fly on the board fence at about 25' as a kid.
    You don’t mean you shot them after they landed and were sitting still I Hope. That not very sporting, you’re supposed to take ‘em on the wing as they come in to land! (credit to Jed Clampett, a Beverly Hillbillies show in the 1st couple seasons.)

Kevin
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? (Sgt. Oddball, KELLY'S HEROES)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    my feedback thread
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

Boolit Master
    I had a D6 on my 22 rf, didn't really like the 6x magnification, so I replaced with V22. Nice little scope, but I wish it had a 1" tube.