Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RepackboxRotoMetals2Load DataTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New 35 caliber

Boolit Master
    A less than overpriced 357Max in a lever has been hoped for by many for a long time.

Regardless of how much sense it would make, do not hold your breath.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by P Flados View Post
    A less than overpriced 357Max in a lever has been hoped for by many for a long time.

Regardless of how much sense it would make, do not hold your breath.
    100% Agreed...

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    If I was more ambitious, I would find a beat up old marlin 30-30 and try to design a "conversion kit" with all of the small parts (not the barrel).

Actually the best hope at the moment is a Henry Long Ranger in 350 Legend. The $900+ price is not cheap, but if it came in a 35 straight wall rimless from the factory, there would be customers. And I really do not think it would take much at all on Henry's part. The big question would be how well the WW factory ammo would work in it.

Boolit Master

NW Ohio, almost as N and W as you can be :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by curioushooter View Post
    There's an easier way to make a lever gun legal for Indiana (which allows bottle necks but limits to 1.8" long) public lands...357 Herrett. Will work with Win 94/Mar336/Mossy464 etc. Just a straight forward rebarrel. No messing with the bolt. No messing with the extractor. The 200 grain FTX boolit is the obvious jacketed choice here. And many gas check cast boolits work as well.

For Ohio you just get something in 375 Winchester. Starline is making the brass now.

What's cool about the Legend is that it should work in the .223 envelope. Not that I am interested in AR15s in this cartridge. But I think the small frame bolt actions would be a great home for this cartridge.

I was all hot to get a ruger no1 or no3 coverted to max. Now I think I will wait and see what comes out in Legend. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Ruger no1 in it or a CZ527. Both of those I'd snap up, especially iff the CZ was offered in Left hand.
    Easier for IN is to just trim 35 Remington brass to the legal length, and use it in a 35 Remingon rifle ??

The 375 Win does not fit into my AR15 .

Bill
    Both ends WHAT a player

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345