Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad Data
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: TC Scout value

Boolit Buddy

TC Scout value

I have a 54 caliber TC Scout with the spring loaded quick release mount and scope. The gun looks like new. It's been sitting in the corner of the safe for several years now so I'm thinking of selling it. What are they worth these days?

Boolit Buddy
    250-350 In my neck of the woods

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks. I was thinking $350.00 for it's condition and that would be Canadian dollars. I looked online but any I found that were showing the actual selling price were from several years ago. Others that were sold showed no price realized or the info was no longer available after being sold.

Boolit Master
    I saw a 50 cal. Scout with walnut stock....looked like brand new...flawless at a local gunshow for $250 last fall. I already have a 54 so I passed. It seems most are enamored by the 209 primer system, so the Scouts get little love. They are great rifles.

A couple issues with many desirable but discontinued TC guns is that parts are not easily available if they can be found at all. especially breech plugs.
    Another issue concerning the Scout rifle is that is has a 1 in 38" twist which is not as fast as many of the later models.
    It's a moderately fast twist but not considered by many to be a "fast twist".
    Lastly the gun has exhaust ports in the receiver that can release gases from the patented breech plug.
    Small quirks like that lead people who know details about the gun to not want to pay top Dollar for one.
    For the most part, the TC Scout rifle seems to have many more admirers than buyers.
    They tend to languish unsold unless the price is moderate and the right buyer/collector comes along.
    Last edited by arcticap; 01-23-2019 at 09:25 PM.

Boolit Master

the later ones were 1in 38 twist be for that they were 1in 20

Quote Originally Posted by wgr View Post
    the later ones were 1in 38 twist be for that they were 1in 20
    Thank you for that info.
    Here's a short, informative thread about the pros and cons of the TC Scout rifle & carbine and the different twists.--->>> https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/103-mo...out-rifle.html
    One fellow cleverly said that folks either love them or hate them.

Boolit Master

A local shop here has had one for at least a year for 350... Nice well built gun. But USED Muzzle loaders are dead weight. Soprry to say they simply are slow sellers.

For three years, I tried to sell a (Initial gun cost 600$) Knight MK85 stainless Laminated Thumbhole Predator 50cal. Targets showing this guns ability to shoot MOA groups... Included was THREE ignitions Leupold QR base VXII Scope bullets powder tools for $500... 400... Traded it off last fall for 300$ credit. I had it three times on GB and in two different stores.

Good luck

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Buddy
    Good info.

Boolit Master

I have both 50/54 the 50cal will shoot sabots with a 250/300 grain xtp or a tc maxi ball very well on top of 90 grains of 2f. don't shoot the 54 much.

Boolit Master
    The gas ports are to let the gas venting from the nipple come out. It is kind of like those vented "hot shot" nipples were in principle. The gas is vented forward so not a problem. You can get the nipples from Track of the Wolf still. Mine are both 1-20" twist. They accept scopes well. Just a little different but a nice little carbine. I know they didn't meet minimum barrel length requirements in at least one state.