Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee Precision
Load DataSnyders JerkyInline FabricationWideners
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: El Tigre

Boolit Master

El Tigre

What ever happened to the old El Tigre carbines imported back in the 60s from down south? Saw one at a gun show some years back and it must have been made from gold. A lot were converted to .44 Magnum despite the fact that they were too weak for the cartridge but surely some should have survived. As I recall they were selling back in the "old days" for $39.95 from Ye Olde Hunter in Alexandria./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    You see them occasionally on GunBroker, but the SASS shooters have run the price up on unaltered ones and they cost as much as a Winchester 1892 in like condition now. I ended up buying a Rossi in .44-40 as an affordable shooter.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master

As I recall, they were pretty good buys for the money. The ones I saw were loose as all get out./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Buddy

https://www.forgottenweapons.com/ria...ester-92-copy/

Haven't seen one in many years either. Forgotten Weapons did a video on one at the Rock Island Auction.

Boolit Buddy
    Even Rossi carbines in 44-40 are not easy to fine at a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by junkbug View Post
    Even Rossi carbines in 44-40 are not easy to fine at a reasonable price.
    So true.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Bubba must of had the one I own now. I just sold the butt stock from it on eBay. It came from a Colt .22 rifle of all things. Found a Winchester replacement piece of wood and found new made curved butt plate the fit fair. All those El Tigre's had sling swivels on the front band and buttstock. Those guns stand out like a sore thumbs on the old cowboy movies. The front sight/barrel band configuration is set up different than the 92 Winchester carbines were. I'm sure they were bought by the car load by the companies that supplied guns for John Wayne and his friends.

Bubba also put a freak cheapie rear sight that would barely stay in place, so I added a Williams peep sight to the rig. I took one deer with it after I worked up angle of deer loads for it. You'll look hard to find a handier woods rifle.

I've never seen a rifle bore cut so smooth as that one. It's mirror bright like most that I've seen at gun shows.
    N.R.A. Life Member