Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load DataTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWideners
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: I must’ve seen it before Froggie & Dale

Boolit Bub

I must’ve seen it before Froggie & Dale

An eBay find - a Lee SIX cavity mold for the Tumble Lube 32 caliber 85 grain wadcutter.
    NOS !
    Under $34 shipped !
    Anyone have any good/bad experiences with this boolit ?
    Any favored loads ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DAF32314-E0A5-4DE8-A2F0-D82439BF8154.jpeg   C23C71E3-F2F7-46BD-A827-20C43A36C34C.jpeg   68ADF806-6A5E-4013-A434-3FCAE9E65E5A.jpeg   E3560570-6637-4F27-BCE5-D17F7665E44F.jpeg  

Boolit Grand Master
    Seated ito and crimped in the top lube groove, 2 grains Bullseye or very slightly more at most in the 32 Long. I was lucky enough to grab one at a gun show.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks for the load.
    That’s just what I want.

Russ
    Last edited by MNruss; 01-22-2019 at 08:27 AM.

Boolit Master

I wish Lee would make this again.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Grand Master
    Dale already has one, and if I need some, I'll beg them off of him. I have a HBWC mould from NOE and an Ideal 313492 if I want to cast my own WCs. That said, congrats on a great purchase... I did just size and lube a bunch of them with my Lyman 450 and loaded them for my K-32. Dale's mould drops them at a fat .314"+, so they are a little too big for me to shoot as cast, but when sized Boy Howdy, they're fine! FWIW, I've heard that Lee uses a different (better) grade of aluminum for their 6 cavity "commercial qualityl" moulds than that for their 2 cavity moulds, but I can't confirm that.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Grand Master
    Russ, to expand on my previous comments, Dale has done the casting and we've both played around with them a little as has (I believe) Outpost 75. As I mentioned, Dale's mould drops his alloy at a fat .314"+ so when I tried to use them in my custom (tight) cut K-32 chambers, they wouldn't fit. I sized them with my Lyman 450 using a .313 sizing die and an old stick of Tamarack™ lube (the old 50:50 Alox formula.) I loaded them in 32 S&W L cases (mixed headstamps) over the smallest charge of Bullseye™ I could get out of my Little Dandy™, probably about 1.9 grains or so. I wish I could give some serious testing data, but I just loaded a few and was testing mostly for function which was flawless. I guess I'll have to go back and beg another batch off of Dale.

Froggie
    Last edited by Green Frog; 01-22-2019 at 09:30 PM.
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Grand Master
    2 grains BE gives around 720 fps in my 4 1/4” Regulation Police and 4” Police Positive. This is mild but whacks critters well. I have added more Bullseye to obtain in the 820 fps range but seated the bullet out another band when so doing. This is all the further the bullet can stick out of the case and fit in my Smith. My Colt with its slightly tighter throats will not tolerate that. My Smith runs .315” the Colt more to .314.”

This bullet along with the RCBS 98 WC and the Lyman 313492 have some rabbits, ground squirrels, a few unlucky fox squirrel, a number of possums and trapline undesirables to their ctedit. Chasing possum at night with a flashlight and .32 to keep them out of the calf feed is fun.

Not all critters in a trap are what you wanted to trap. Thus the 32. Raccoon hides were bringing low enough prices at times that I shot some instead of clubbed them as a hole doesn’t make a practically worthless hide much more worthless, and we were trapping as much for entertainment as anything.

If the hide don’t pay the gas to get it to the buyer I would much rather shoot a raccoon than try to whack it on the head.

And a wadcutter in 32 does work better than a -22.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks for the tips.
    I’m ready to cast with it , but Thursday & Friday are my best shots timewise.
    Thursday is forecast for single digits & Friday for -9F.
    Ya gotta really like casting to do it in this weather.
    I’ll probably only do a couple of pots full.

Boolit Grand Master

Right after I got my first .32 H&R Ruger SSM, I picked up a Lee Six cavity mould for the Lee w/c bullet. It dropped bullets at .314” and shot very well using both .32 S&W Long brass as well as .32 H&R brass.

Later, through a series of unfortunate circumstances, the mould disappeared. However, my good friend, the Green Frog, found another for me. It does cast a bit larger than I would prefer, but both Froggie and I have discovered, sized carefully and tumble lubed it gives stellar results (I actually use one coat of tumble lube, a push through sizer, then another coat of TL. I use Ben’s tumble lube as well as a TL dryer rack of Ben’s design. Using Ben’s lube and the drying rack, it takes less than a half hour to dry. You can really run the bullets through quickly and efficiently.

FWIW
    Dale53