RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionLoad DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEI Molds is out of business...I just noticed

Boolit Master
    Unfortunately (or fortunately as your opinion runs) .. Carpet baggers are going to carpet bag. Wherever there is money - people will show up to exploit customers by whichever way they can...

There is no internal policing within Christianity regarding posting it's logos or marks on your stuff.. There is also neither an association which owns the trademark on the logos nor a government agency which polices it's use...

As such - you have to treat these marks just like any other marks that bear no commercial certification/regulation..

Boolit Master
    Businesses in general engage in marketing an image to the public in order to gain a business advantage.
    Many businesses advertise family and employee orientation to provide a wholesome environment for happy competent employees. Most of the time those are cut throat companies that treat their employees and vendors like dirt.

An Example. An employee suffers a heart attack at work and goes to the hospital. While in the hospital he gets a call from the HR dept wanting to know exactly when the heart occurred. Their goal was to determine when they could get the employee off the clock and on his insurance coverage. They did not ask how the employee was doing. Their only concern was to avoid paying a salaried employee out of payroll when the time off was covered by insurance.
    Last edited by EDG; 02-04-2019 at 01:28 PM.
    EDG

Boolit Buddy
    I've been using Hodgdon, IMR(DuPont) and WW powders for over 50 years. I don't care about the Christian statement; I'm a Mason myself. I'm not about to stop purchasing their powders because I know what to expect from what's in the containers.
    If you want your children to follow in your footsteps, be careful where you walk.
    Beware the man that only owns one gun; he probably knows how to use it.
    Some things never change; others change more slowly.

Boolit Buddy
    I only owned one NEI mold. It has served me well for over 15 years. Too many good custom mold makers out there now. NEI fell victim to a competitive market. Too bad.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by krems View Post
    I only owned one NEI mold. It has served me well for over 15 years. Too many good custom mold makers out there now. NEI fell victim to a competitive market. Too bad.
    Actually, the owner, Walt Melander, died and his heirs didn't have his skills to maintain the quality.

Boolit Buddy
    Bought two of some of the very last molds that he made for my .585 Hubel. A Meehanite 780 grain and a 1150 grain one, two flawless beautiful molds that I think very few people could ever make. Like my custom molds from Veral (sp?)Smith, I will not part with them for ten times what I paid for them, He was a true master at his craft and will be sorely missed.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    The NEI molds I have are on par with my Accurate and NOE molds. The only thing I don't like is that they are iron. I much prefer aluminum. I have both the 38 and 44 caliber SSK designs made by NEI. I'd go so far as to say they cast easier than Accurate. For whatever reason, I have to concentrate more with Accurate molds to keep the base filled out fully.
    The 38 SSK mold you have is it the 200gr TC mold?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 475AR View Post
    The 38 SSK mold you have is it the 200gr TC mold?
    I think it is listed at 180, as they were made for linotype. Mine casts about 195 grains with COWW. Yes it is the truncated cone.