MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee Precision
Load DataInline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Repackbox Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pan lubing

Vendor Sponsor

For bullets/lube cake that want to stick in that metal pan - you can spray PAM cooking oil as a release.
    15 minutes in the freezer works too.
    Chill Wills

Boolit Mold
    Made it to the range today shot the Lee 500 3R bullet pan lubed with 1:1:1 beeswax, gulf canning wax, mutton tallow with 5 tablespoons of olive oil and a large heaping tablespoon of lanolin for lube.
    a 5 Inch group with 4 of 5 in 2.25 inches at 50 yards and 6 inch wide by 5 inch high group at 100 with a 0 to 6 mph variable cross wind which was ignored. Shot from an original 1888 Trap Door Springfield. Pretty sure the one flyer at 50 yards was the result of shooting a second shot with elbow on a concrete table after determining that was not really a good idea as it was still smarting from the first shot. Other 3 rounds that made it into the 2.25 group were shot with an elbow pad I used in my high power days. Sadly I had not trusted the load to actually work so I did not ask for a 200 yard firing point. Next trip to the range I will and hopefully in the not to distant future get on a 300 yard range. Ben Avery only has that range available 1st and 3 rd weekend of the month.

Boolit Mold
    Here is what the 100 yard target looked like, remember with store bought cast bullets the rifle shot 2 sideways and 2 round holes at 50 yards and the round holes were something like a foot apart. Shot the same batch of loads thru my remington rolling block and got two crossways hits with the first 2 shots, think the wad is sticking to bullet. For what ever reason the picture rotated 90 degrees the Squares should be top and bottom of pic and the bullet holes to the left
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lee100vs.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12