WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline FabricationLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: CLOSED - 4 cavity Ingot molds

Boolit Master

Got mine today too, they look good.

A word to the wise: those edges are SHARP !!

One mold drew first blood..... I plan to punish it with molten lead.

Boolit Master

Mine arrived today. Duncan Oklahoma. Look pretty good. Appreciate all that made this come to pass. Thanks all.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Ruger RedHawk 357 Mag 44 Mag GP100 Davidson Exclusive 5" Security Six 2 3/4", Speed Six 4"
    Smith Wesson 629 PP and 686 PP, 617

Boolit Buddy
    Mine got to the left coast today! Have a couple of buckets of fresh range scrap to try In them. Thanks for all the work to make this happen!

Boolit Buddy

Mine arrived today!

I don't know if it was intentional, but they nest perfectly inside of one another for stacking!

**** fine job OP on the design and execution.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190429_180707.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	240705

ADMIN

got mine in today.
    They are VERY VERY nice.
    Thanks for putting this together

CHARLES

Boolit Master

I can retire the muffin tin because mine made it today, thanks lakehouse.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    I can retire the muffin tin because mine made it today, thanks lakehouse.
    LOL. Tomorrow is trash day here. Adios, muffin tins!

Thanks a bunch, Lakehouse.
    "He's whittlin' on a piece of wood. I've got a feeling when he stops whittlin', somethin's gonna happen." - Cheyenne, Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)

"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." - Tuco, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)

Got mine today. Look great. Thank you for all the work you did to make this happen.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Mine are here as well! Beautiful. Can't do anything with the rain today, so some time next month after my 18 days of work! Amazing stuff here. Super stoked.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Got mine today they look great!! Thanks for all the hard work much appreciated. I will put them to good use

Boolit Buddy
    molds came today. Very nice molds. thank you Lakehouse2012

Boolit Master

Mine arrived today and I must say "I am impressed." (said in Slim Pickens' voice - "Blazing Saddles")

These ingots will be the perfect size and shape and the moulds will store better than the welded angle iron ones. As Elmer Keith said of his #5 Colt SAA, these are the last word.

I give it less than a week until some worthy wants to fire up another order.

Look great now to find the time to use em!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Mine arrived as well. Everything I hoped for and then some. Thanks, again, Lakehouse!

Boolit Master

My 6 made it to California in great shape also. I am going to take a file to that outside edge, though. I was thinking that these got here so fast they must have flown them. Would they be any cheaper if we shipped slow boat, assuming there is another order?

Boolit Man
    I received my four today - all in excellent condition! The tabs on the moulds are more substantial than I expected, so that's a plus in my book. Thank you, Lakehouse, for a well-executed group buy! And, thanks again. Thank you, thank you, thank you! !!!
    SAF Patron (Life) | GOA (Life) | NRA Benefactor (Life) | MSRPA (Life)

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Springfield View Post
    My 6 made it to California in great shape also. I am going to take a file to that outside edge, though. I was thinking that these got here so fast they must have flown them. Would they be any cheaper if we shipped slow boat, assuming there is another order?
    Thanks guys for all the positive feedback! Those that have received, went out in the first wave (I shipped early Friday morning). Many more will receive tomorrow and Wednesday

Shipping was a tough nut to crack, USPS has the system rigged (IMO) in favor of the Priority service, first-class or standard shipping was only 4 bucks less than what you paid but would have meant that I had to go purchase all the boxes and packaging supplies which probably would have been 4 bucks a box. Being there is only one of me, I had to opt for the flat-rate service. So, if we do this again it will probably have to be the same shipping process... However, now I know that I can get 6 stuffed in a MFRB which if you bought, would have made your cost/piece better.

Regarding the edges, I agree, a file might be necessary. I told the mold maker to deburr the flashing, but forgot that doing so would make a flat, sharp edge. Wouldnt take much to dull the edges through.

Boolit Master

CLOSED - 4 cavity Ingot molds

Next time you have these guys make these, Lakehouse, you might see if they’d be willing to film one getting injected. Might be fun to see the process and I know I found some similar videos they did for one of their other clients on YT.

Also, now knowing how close we are, if you need help next time let me know. My son would probably have a blast being go-fer while we pack them.

Vendor Sponsor

Hey Guys- REMEMBER that after pouring into these, the ingots are alot larger than the Lee's 1lb ingots. These will easily come in a 2.5lbs/cavity and some may go higher. Thats +10lbs of 700 degree lead in that mold. Give it plenty of time to rest and cool, especially on repeated pours when the mold is still warm. If you can, let them rest on concrete or large blocks, that would be best. Don't go thinking you are all machines now and try cranking out 1000lbs of backlog in a 4 hour shift... Take your time and enjoy your new TOYS....

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakehouse2012 View Post
    Hey Guys- REMEMBER that after pouring into these, the ingots are alot larger than the Lee's 1lb ingots. These will easily come in a 2.5lbs/cavity and some may go higher. Thats +10lbs of 700 degree lead in that mold. Give it plenty of time to rest and cool, especially on repeated pours when the mold is still warm. If you can, let them rest on concrete or large blocks, that would be best. Don't go thinking you are all machines now and try cranking out 1000lbs of backlog in a 4 hour shift... Take your time and enjoy your new TOYS....
    Spoken from experience?

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast