WidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Load DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: kinda cold here

Boolit Master

Negative 4 Fahrenheit just west of the Finger Lakes in NY. SWMBO says the birds need to be fed. I'm going to dress my feet before I go out to do that.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    Temperature at 7:00AM was 0°F today.
    Very light wind...just over 4mph.
    Still freaking cold...wind or no wind.
    Dogs didn't care much for the snow on their paws...snow is usually a fun deal for them but they don't seem to like it when it's this cold.
    They have been kicking their paws since they came in and they were only outside about 15 minutes.

Boolit Buddy
    -7 and then a quick warm up, and I can't wait. I feel I'm getting too old, to be this cold. LOL

We have had a couple of cold days for us. Light patchy frost day before yesterday. It's been in the low 40's and 50's, suppose to be in the 80's this weekend. Glad I live in SW Florida. Hope all you will be safe and warm throughout this cold spell.

Boolit Master

It was - 26 when I got up this morning
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Buddy
    High of -13 and darn near 50 in 2 days - nothing to this climate change

Boolit Grand Master

Last night was little cold at -34F, but it beats living in a hot state. I'll take this over a 115F summer.

Boolit Master

Yep. It was pretty "brisk" for us here in S.E. MN. as well. -33F & -50F+ windchills. Supposed to warm over the weekend, then get cold again.

Winter in MN... We have all 4 seasons".
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    Last night was little cold at -34F, but it beats living in a hot state. I'll take this over a 115F summer.
    Same temp here in Iowa this morning, at least it keeps the bugs down this time of year. Have to watch out for the Darwin winners throwing boiling water into the wind and getting burned making videos. WC at 4 am this morning was -45 at my house

Boolit Buddy
    Just a brisk -29 deg. F this morning!

Boolit Master

For the Midwesterners, there is an upside...

Attachment 235032
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Supposed to be 78 Monday. We do pay dearly for our winters between April and October, though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Gonna be some frozen solid deer Popsicles in my woods. Been -50 with wind chills. I had a bottle of pop sitting on my bedroom floor that was colder than if it was in my fridge the day before yesterday. No frozen pipes...life if good. No mail delivery the last couple days and all area schools canceled.

...great practice for polar bear hunting!

P.S. Please don't throw any snow balls at my vinyl siding!
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 02-01-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Banned

balmy 10 degrees out side this morning. Funny how that almost seems warm after a few days of double digit below zero. Almost shirt sleeve weather!

Boolit Buddy
    32 outside, a heatwave for sure, but rain and fog. So nice that you can walk out the door and not just lose your breath. I don't know how you guys, from Alaska, do it.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    balmy 10 degrees out side this morning. Funny how that almost seems warm after a few days of double digit below zero. Almost shirt sleeve weather!
    Funny you say that as I was talking to a co-worker today about that. When I was in high school I cut pulp for a couple of winters. One of them we had a solid week of -20 every day as a high. When it broke to 10 or 15 we went out in short sleeves as it seemed so hot. People can get used to about anything
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    I was happy that it was 25 most of the day while I was working on a roof today. It topped out at 20 at the end of the day on Friday w/ most of the day in single digits. Didn’t even need hand warmers in my pockets today. It’s been awhile since I’ve had to spend days outside in this weather. I’m beat up because of it. I’m missing Phoenix weather right now.

Boolit Master
    OK, our turn here in the Pacific Northwest!

Storm named Maya barreled down from Alaska. High winds and blizzard warnings from the National Weather Service until tomorrow mid morning.

Our goofy Dem Governor Jay Insley declared a state of emergency because of 3-4” of snow in his beloved Puget Sound (lots of California transplants). We are getting lots more snow and winds to 50 mph here in the east side but he thinks of his helpless subjects and voter base.

Three44s
    Last edited by Three44s; 02-09-2019 at 08:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master
    Night before it was -41 degrees. My best friend gauges oil tanks 7 days a week starting at 5 oclock in the morning. Imagine crawling up oil tanks in the dark at -41 degrees below the dounut.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Three44s View Post
    OK, our turn here in the Pacific Northwest!

Storm named Maya barreled down from Alaska. High winds and blizzard warnings from the National Weather Service until tomorrow mid morning.

Our goofy Dem Governor Jay Insley declared a state of emergency because of 3-4” of snow in his beloved Puget Sound (lots of California transplants). We are getting lots more snow and winds to 50 mph here in the east side but he thinks of his helpless subjects and voter base.

Three44s
    We're getting some snow over here on the East side of Washington. Finally.
    Getting a foot or so today and tonight. About to drive over to the cabin in Idaho to shovel off the roof and spend the day watching movies.

Love it!
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast