RotoMetals2Load DataReloading EverythingLee Precision
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Repackbox

Thread: Gun Show and Sportsman's Flea Market February 2, 2019

Gun Show and Sportsman's Flea Market February 2, 2019

8th annual Gun Show and Sportsman's Flea Market from 8:00am till 1:00pm on Saturday February 2, 2019 at the Hummelstown Field and Stream site, 975 Stoverdale Road, Hummelstown, PA. Directional signs will be posted. Guns, ammo, reloading, boolit casting, blackpowder, archery, fishing. No crafts, beef jerky, foreign tools, jewelry, and other non-sporting items. $2 admission, children under 12 are free. Parking is free. FFL and NRA on site. Come and enjoy the fun.
    For more information, write to hummelstownfieldandstream1@gmail.com.

Boolit Master
    I will be there I have a table. will be the third year for me.

Sounds like my kind of show. Wish I was closer, but I’ll be at a small 40 table show in Sidney, NY on February 3. Happy treasure hunting to all.

Boolit Master
    I've got friends coming in from Indiana for the Outdoor Show... we always go first day... is the Hummelstown event very large, given that it is only held for 5 hours... I belong to a local Fish & Game club that has an annual buy,sell & swap day...scheduled for 8 hrs, but usually everyone packs up by about 1pm too.. I guess what I'm asking, would you recommend it over going to the Outdoor show (we usually get there when it opens) and is not as packed.
    Perhaps my learning skills have diminished in my senior years.. 50 years ago I could read something once and then "have it"... Now I read it about three times, do it a couple of times and then... "have it" only about half the time.

The show is purposely scheduled on the first day of the Great American Outdoor Show. Two reasons: 1) local sportsmen do not attend the Outdoor Show on the first weekend. Traffic and parking are challenges. Locals go during the week. 2) Non-local sportsmen often come to the Gun Show and Sportsman's Flea market in the morning, and then go to the Outdoor in the afternoon. They get to experience both shows.
    The show of 70 tables is a sell out. We average about 500 attendees during the 5 hours. Most vendors are local sportsmen who want to sell trade, buy, or give away stuff they have accumulated. By the way, there usually are very few black guns for sale although they are allowed like any other firearm. This show just doesn't seem to be the right venue for their sale.
    If you are thinking about attending both shows, I suggest that you come to the Gun Show and be in line at the door at 8:00am. By 10:30am, you can be on your way to the Great American Outdoor Show and visit there for the rest of the day(s). Have fun.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the info... I am a local and have figured out the parking and traffic(ride the free bus).. but will pass the info on to the guests.. I'm all for going to your show first... last year we were fortunate enough to go to 3 gunshows on Sunday, but looks like the only other show is a muzzleloading show in Lancaster(IIRC)... I would prefer to go to Hummelstown, personally, but will defer to the boys travelling all the way from Indiana. Thanks again
    Perhaps my learning skills have diminished in my senior years.. 50 years ago I could read something once and then "have it"... Now I read it about three times, do it a couple of times and then... "have it" only about half the time.

Boolit Grand Master
    I'm going to try and get a group to go. I'd like to meet any castboolit guys with tables there. Think you could put out a little castboolit identifiable out front?

I don't know if any tables will be set up specially for cast boolits. I would expect that there will be bits and pieces all over the rooms. That should be part of the fun of looking.

Sounds like my kind of place! Our gun shows haven't cost $2 since- ever. More like $10 here and they are mostly "satellite gun stores" any more- sad.

Boolit Grand Master
    More than finding cast boolit equipment, I was hoping to meet some of our castboolit guys. I've got all the stuff I need.

Boolit Master
    Looks like my Indiana crew isn't going to make it this weekend so I will try to go to the show...If you see a tall old fat geezer with a white beard(trimmed and no santa suit) ask him if he is TheMoose...that would be me... hope to meet some of you guys.

Boolit Grand Master
    Themoose,
    I made the show and asked a few tall bearded guys if they were the moose, but no joy. Maybe next year. It was a great show. I'll have to bring more money next year.

Boolit Master
    725, I was at the show @ 8:00 and found the place already packed... must have let the folks in early because of the cold temps(0 degrees F) when I left. I did buy a Lyman Power trimmer (perhaps from texasbilly) anyway it was a nice gentleman that said he had read and answered my post... he introduced me to the president of the local club... sorry I didn't see you there... I was there only about 45 mins... then I went to Lancaster for the show that I mentioned in an earlier post on this thread... I bought an old pacific press there and some "Armor Wrap" sheets for rust protection... it was a good day.... even after I had to go to plan "B"... warmed my truck up before leaving while I made coffee and fed and watered my beagle... cab was ice cold... only went about 30 feet and "check gauge" light came on... temp gauge pegged.. had to drive around the block to get it back in driveway..must be stuck thermostat. Switched vehicles and off to the show I went. A big thank you to "texasbilly" for his original post. If I don't have to work next weekend, I will try to go to the big winter show @ The Oaks near Philly... it runs Fri afternoon thru Sunday... I'm scheduled to work at golf course, but not sure the 50 degree weather will melt off all the snow and ice before then. Maybe I'll see you there... it is huge show... near 1,000 tables.

Moose. I did meet you, and I was the one who sold you the power trimmer. Thanks for coming to the show, and watch for it again next year (our 9th year for the show).

Went to the small(40 table) show this morning that I spoke of above. Smaller than usual crowd, but I did find a guy that had 3 nice older Savage 24’s on his table. Borrowed one from a neighbor at the lake as a kid( late 60’s) to stop bait and fish stealing raccoons. Got this 22/410 for a very fair price. Worth the memories alone.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5A4419FA-AB7A-48F1-9550-4F2142374A71.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	235190

Boolit Grand Master
    I didn't get there until 1000 or so. Still crowed and lots of good stuff available. Got some 9mm stuff and continued on to the Ag. Center. I'll try like heck to get back to that one next year. Just the kind of show I enjoy.

For those of you who did attend, what changes should we consider to make the show even better next year?

Boolit Master
    No snow, temp above 0... I really liked show.. based on the turnout I saw early, I would think that perhaps extending the hours may encourage people to come later during the day so it wouldn't be quite as packed...although all us old guys want to be there early to get all the good stuff... maybe hold another sale midyear... by the way... the lady helping direct traffic was a sweetheart... she looked out for old fat men who couldn't walk on ice well.. again... good show... I really enjoyed it... now to figure out how to use that power trimmer...

Boolit Grand Master
    It was the kind I enjoy. Regular guys with real world hunting stuff, old stuff, and a minimal of techno-tactical junk. I'd say just more of the same. The room was somewhat small and I guess there is nothing to be done about that. Maybe two times a year would be nice. I'd travel up from Maryland to go. Need to get the word out better, however. If I didn't see it here on castboolits, I'd never have known about it.