WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RepackboxLoad DataInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9mm Makarov

Boolit Buddy
    Eastern Boulder Cnty,CO. Can be found shooting at GMSC. Erie
    Not true Boolit Master; 95% of my shooting with CZ82 has been with Pb cast boolits
    and I’ve never experienced any leading. Then again I only shoot lead in my Glocks.
    Remember, fit is king. HTH
    When I sit down to look at my rifles in the safe.....
    I can very consistently shoot one inch groups at 100 yards.
    When I sit on the bench at the shooting range.....
    I always wish I was sitting down looking at my rifles in the safe.

Banned
    remember that some of the new lee sprue screws loosen clockwise. It's marked on the mold.

I also have shot thousands of cast bullets thru my Glocks in 9mm and 40 SW. I also have shot several hundred cast lead bullets from my Russian Makarov. I clean my guns and watch for leading . I also load only mid range loads for these pistols with MV under 900-950 fps that will cycle the action I use jacketed rounds for hotter loads

I have reloaded a thousand 9mm Makarov years ago with 9 mm cases trimmed down to the Glocks height. I still have a few hundred in a ammo can left to shoot. My last 9mm bullets are here in my hand from Midway about 30 of them left 9mm Makarov 93 Gr. RN .365 I've had them at least 20 years and they probably cost 25 dollars. Ill be getting a mould for the Makarov later . I loaded my bullets on a Dillon 550 with the Makarov conversion and the proper powder funnel neck expander. I have shot the Makarov only now and then as the brass is rare compared to other calibers so I have to hunt for every case. I wanted to see Dillon offer a 9mm Makarov conversion for the square Deal press but there's not enough interest . My Makarov is the 10 shot model. I paid about 139 for it at a gun show new in the 90's . It came with aftermarket magazines and was a Jam-O-Matic the same with a friend who also got one, finally we found some original Russian 10 round magazines which turned the Jam-O-Matics turned into reliable fun shooters with a little more punch then a .380 and less then a 9mm Luger. In the picture you can see the similarities of the M93 Gr Makarov bullets I loaded and a 9mm Lee 125 RN bullet both have a very small and shallow lube grove .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Makand9.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	245933
    Last edited by Keith 429421; 07-29-2019 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conditor22 View Post
    the best release agent noted on a machinist forum is a 50/50 mix of acetone and ATF
    Look up DIY KROIL. It is a mixture of about 50% Acetone and 50%regular (not synthetic) Dot 4 ATF (the dot doesn't matter as long as it is not synthetic). The Acetone allows the ATF to get into tiny, tiny crevaces. Drip some on, let it sit (I usually come back a few hours later). Put some more on and tap it with a hammer. Let it sit. Be sure you have the correct sized screwdriver with a NEW bit or eng. Try unscrewing it with steady pressure keeping the screwdriver firmly pressed into the screw. No luck? put more on and let it sit. Usually this DIY Kroil will work the first time. The issue is an overtightened steel screw in an aluminum block. The aluminum will react to pressure, making it hard to unscrew. Best bet is to call Lee about returning it.
    VOTE, VOTE, VOTE often. In dealing with potential dishonesty or corruption, Something you might keep in mind is a revealing quote by S.W. Erdnase in his book The Expert at the Card Table "Almost every ruse in the game is more or less dependent upon another one."
    Politicians are like babies diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12