Snyders JerkyLoad DataReloading EverythingWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two year old Apple Juice

Two year old Apple Juice

Man I don't know what got into this stuff I put in a 5 gallon bottle two years ago. A glass full sure make the room spin around

Boolit Master
    If its natural not store bought it may have fermented.
    jim

Jim it's off my trees, worms and all
    Kurt

Boolit Master

thats why. processed stuff wont turn. in 91 or 92 courtesy of the Navy i got to try some canned apple juice. it was dated 1953, just tasted like rusty can with apple.

Put one foot firmly on the floor. That will keep the room steady.
    Last edited by Winger Ed.; 01-20-2019 at 05:11 PM.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Hmmmmm Just thinking....you suppose the honey, cinnamon sticks I stuck in the jugs and a little more sugar did this ?

Boolit Grand Master

I thought you were just making some cider?

Yeh, I never do things twice the same way

Boolit Master
    Enjoy it! I would...

2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Just one more glass will keep the room from spinning. Enjoy!!!

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

I think if you got on your hands and knees and used a straw the room would stop spinning
    The Bird of Time has but a little way
    To fly-and Lo! the bird is on the wing

Boolit Buddy
    Many years ago my Dad would "obtain" ( can't buy of course) home made wine from a farmer he knew. It was a yearly ritual to pick up several jugs of wine. One year the farmer had one of the wooden barrels start leaking so he bottled up the contents rather than let it leak out and go to waste. I was (probably about 12 or 13 years old) presented a four gallon case of "grape juice". It was Much better than Welche's but four gallons is a lot of grape juice. One of the bottles wound up way under the steps in the basement and remained there for a year or three. Turned out to be some pretty good wine when we found the jug again. Of course I didn't get much of it after it "improved" LOL

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Neighbor gave me a few jars this spring. One big swallow is all it took. Lit me up like a Christmas tree.

Boolit Master
    I planted a dozen apple trees a few years ago, no apples yet, but I hope to get juice JUST LIKE YOURS !

Rifle guy, a dozen will make a lot of Juice. That's about as many as I have plus a few others, Pear and plums, cherries but they mostly feed the birds and Deer.

Sounds like you and I have the same orchard.lol I have 7 pear on my property, 16 apple...which I think I lost most of this year, along with a sour cherry and peach trees I planted. I put them out there for food plots. The ones in my yard are going strong. One apple I started from a seed 9 years ago that I grafted three other apples to, another thirty in buckets the same age I started from seeds, 2 peach trees, 2 pear trees, an Asian pear, and a lapin cherry tree I started from a seed 9 years ago. I planted about the same in my parents yard a few years ago. I finally got apples...crab apples from one of the trees I started from seeds this past year. It’s planted on my bulivard. I was going to yank it but probably will leave it there for a pollinator. This was the reason I grafted branches on the other apple tree in my yard being you dont know what kind of apple will be produced from the seed. I grafted gold, macentosch, and it was either state fair...or sweet 16 onto it besides whatever it will turn out to be. It should be pretty cool looking with different colored apples on it. I grafted the branches a few years ago and all are growing big and strong. Did the same with a pear tree in my dads yard...he got three pear off that branch this year besides pollinating the other fifty plus pears/flowers on the tree. Anybody have any honeycrisp scions they can send my way?? Probably need some green Granny Smith apples on there as well. I planted a few in the same buckets and twisted the trunks together. Planted the nicest one in my dads yard and gave One to a friend. Two trees that look like one and will pollinate each other.

I’ve been getting peaches and pears the last two years as long as I keep the squirrels away from them. Hopefully cherries and apples this year. Gave a my dad a Toka plumb that likes to pump out some good smelling flowers but no fruit for some reason. It’s sopose to be a self pollinator but I call bull.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 01-20-2019 at 11:58 PM.

Boolit Master

I've made syrup of various fruits like pineapple, blueberry, and dewberry which seemed to ferment after 3-4 years. No big alcoholic content, but still seemed to ferment, from the smell and taste.
    You never know. I knew a fella who got all the bad fruit from a couple of grocers and trimmed them to use to make wine. Wow! His wine was hard core. Lot more potent than off the shelf and tasty. Back in my youth, most people in my part of town had 2 of 3 types of trees in their yards--either a pear or apple, not the eating kind, but the small canning kind, and a fig tree. Apple/pear butter, apple/pear preserves and fig jam. Wish I had planted an apple or pear tree years ago. Do have a fig tree and can 10-15 pints of fig preserves/jam a year. Also make a faux strawberry jam with strawberry jello and figs. Good eats anytime. SIL has a satsuma bush that produces tons. Got some from her and made jelly and marmalade with them. Made some reduced sugar for my wife, it's as good as the full sugar recipe. Looking to get some Japanese plums from a neighbor this next year. Made jelly from them when I was bored as a 13-14 yo (my first canning experience). It was good stuff.
    Last edited by gbrown; 01-21-2019 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Additional info
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Tripplebeards I don't have a honeycrisp. I planted one a few years back but it did not make it. I have 10 acres and most of my fruit trees are 40 some years old and some have died off. My peach trees are in bad shape with just one limb left on one and I cut two down that died two years ago. I planted two six years ago but they never produced anything bigger than a golf ball sized peach that was hard.
    I have volunteer apples that started when I mow I pick one off the tree and eat it throwing the core where I don't mow and some have started, they feed the deer if the Bucks don't rake the bark off killing them.

I have Chinese Chest Nut trees all over the place from two I planted for eating and making flour for baking and pancakes but the squirrels do a fine job planting seeds and as well deer that started wild plumbs I been trying to get stopped from sprouting. Those things make good jam but their root system is like the Canadian Thistle and hard to kill.
    The shortage of Bees is starting to show up here the way the Cherries and Apples are producing.
    Kurt

My honey crisp trees never made it either.

Boolit Master

I made a nice Cyser a few years ago, lots of cinnamon, tasted like apple pie. Great stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast