WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Load DataTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lead Wire Sources

Boolit Bub

Lead Wire Sources

Is there other sources for lead wire other then corbin? I see a place online called rotometal but they are even more expensive then corbin. I'd rather use lead wire than dealing with casting my own cores but at this point for the price of lead wire I might be better off. Thanks!

Contact Zbench on this forum. He extrudes & sells pure lead wire for swaging.
    Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

Boolit Bub
    I have..... just waiting on a reply back. His sale posts for lead wire are pretty old that's why I wasn't sure.

Banned
    Crown Metals in Wisconsin. They have true bullet grade 1/2% antimony lead wire.
    Last edited by B R Shooter; 01-21-2019 at 07:08 AM.

McMaster Carr ?
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Bub
    McMaster is way expensive and only 1/4".

Still waiting for answer back from Zbench. Richard Corbin emailed me back this morning and he sells 25 lbs for $76 shipped. Hawke is $145 for 45 lbs shipped

Boolit Bub
    Richard Corbin just emailed me back and told me he has two rolls of .420" lead wire and that he is also going out of business. Once he sells everything there will be no more. So I ordered both rolls.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    ZBench has high quality at reasonable price. Fast shipping and great guy to deal with

Boolit Bub
    Zbench told me this afternoon that he isn't making or selling any right now because of the cold.

Boolit Bub
    Not easy to come by, affordable anyways. Hawke is not to bad. Roto metals wants $258 for a 25lb spool of 1/4"!!

Boolit Bub
    So crown metals just called me back and they can sell me a 50 lbs spool for $126 shipped. The only thing I'm not sure about is she said they have 99.997% pure lead corroding wire and 3/4% antimony bullet wire. She said people use both for swaging.

Boolit Bub
    Best price I have seen!! I just gave Richard Corbin $144 for 50#. 3/4% should be great. I have been buying my swaged bullets and they are 99/1.

Boolit Bub
    I haven't heard back from Corbin. He was supposed to email me a invoice and I never received it. So I'm waiting to hear back from Crown on the diameters they offer and go from there.

Boolit Bub
    Hopefully they have a good selection on sizes. Best price yet.

Boolit Bub
    I just called as well. $1.96/lb and 50# minimum. She was going to check on sizes but said she knows they have a lot of dies available to use.

Boolit Master

you could always get a die and press your own.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Banned
    Told you Crown was a good source.

Boolit Bub
    Crown called me back with enough sizes to make my head spin. INCREDIBLY nice to speak with and extremely helpful. The only negative may be the smallest spools they can wind are 50# each. I just came home to the two 25# spools from Richard Corbin. 25# is a little easier to manage. Will figure a setup out for the heavy weights
    Last edited by Hammer0419; 01-22-2019 at 08:23 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I also have just spoken with Crown. Lead wire is $2.05 a lb and they ship FedEx which is a killer if one is very far away. Am currently waiting to see what sizes Richard has remaining and will order me up 100 lbs or so from one or the other. Or, might just continue casting cores from my (almost) inexhaustible supply of lead...

Boolit Master

Crown metals is only about 25 miles from me. I'll have to check them out for ingots cuz I extrude my own wire. You mentioned something about how to handle 50 lb spools. I don't know how it will work for you but I have exposed floor joists in my basement on 24 inch centers. I drilled one inch holes in two adjacent joists and put a 3/4 in cold rolled rod (the std 3 footer) in the holes. I can hang three or four of my spools right above my wire cutter. Just pull the wire down and cut what you need.

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast