Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RepackboxLoad DataWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: Unertl lens caps

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately

Unertl lens caps

Recently I purchased a Unertl 1 1/4" Target scope for my WIN M-75. I got the scope for a very low price since it was somewhat cosmetically challenged and missing the screw in lens caps. The light rust and staining cleaned up very nicely and I made the scope caps. They turned out quite well and fit as they should. Colored them with Brownell's Oxpho Blue.

Made the ocular cap from some leaded stock and it went easily. The objective cap I made from a piece of old farm machinery shafting, I can't remember what I took it off/out of, I had laying around in the barn. It machined quite a bit tougher. 48 TPI and my old eyes made for some interesting times.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Grand Master

48 tpi aren't very deep. Takes a sharp point on the threading tool. Nice looking job on them.

Boolit Master

Nice job, After I turned fifty, I went to wearing an opti-visor for most of my single point threading. Makes a huge difference.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Master
    I made caps like those for a Fecker scope for a 513T Rem, I purchased without lens caps. It was quite tedious, but worthwhile in the end.

Boolit Master
    Having used that type of scope for over forty years and shooting with others who did the same, I was amazed at how many men just threw the caps away. I have no idea why. You did a great job on the caps. A friend once made me the locking ring for the Lyman STS
    front lens adjustment. When I showed it to him years later he asked, "did I make that"?
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

I wish I had your skills and equipment ... I have a 3/4" Unertl small game scope that is missing it's objective cover. The ocular cover is still there, but the front cover is MIA ...

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Does anyone make or have springs for the 3/4"?

Boolit Grand Master

I usually thread backwards on this kind of stuff. Lots easier when you don't have to make a sudden stop. Lookin Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    Does anyone make or have springs for the 3/4"?
    Try Champion Shooters Supply ...

http://www.championshooters.com/inde...101&Itemid=111
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!