Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: Marlin 94 rebarrel

Boolit Bub

Marlin 94 rebarrel

Can I rebarrel a 25 20 to 32 20 and have it function right?

I see no problems with this conversion, if it's an older one you may make a collector mad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Just for grins and giggles see if gun parts (aka numrich) has any of the marlin 1894 32-20 barrels. Might be a cheaper way to go from 25-20 to 32-20 with a new old stock barrel. Can't hurt and could save you some serious bucks. You'd still have to get the headspace checked though. Frank

I have a Marlin 94CL. You would have to contact JES as to whether he could do so. The 32-20 is a 311 bore, with some specialty weapons made in 308. As it is a handloading proposition the 308 bore might be a good choice. I use a Lee mold designed for 30 cal rifles for my 32-20 and it works very well as cast and would likely work in a 308 bore as it is just barely a fit in the 311 bore. If you cast that is an option. They sell cast bullets for the 32-20 and they likely would work with reasonable loads as many use over size bullets in the 30-30. Another thing about the 32-20 is that it is a 1-16 twist for the short bullets it uses.

I was given a couple of boxes of Remington factory loads. They might have shot out of a 308 bore but were awful in my Marlin . I could not even sight them in they were so inaccurate. Need to shoot the darn things up yet.

DEP

DEP