Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad Data
WidenersRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky

Thread: C&r ffl

Boolit Bub

C&r ffl

The BATF charged my card for my C&R today. I hope It doesn't take too long to get.

I know that the days of dirt cheap guns are most likely long gone, but I figured for $30, I can break even buying one gun and avoiding the transfer fee. How many people here have their C&R and is there a relatively current list of what online stores give a discount?

I've had my C&R for 15-20 years but it doesn't get used much anymore. As you stated, the good deals are long gone.

I don't know of any Midway-MidSouth-Natches-Grafs type places that give a C&R discount. I've noticed that I don't spend near as much money since that discount went away.

Denny

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bareen View Post
    The BATF charged my card for my C&R today. I hope It doesn't take too long to get.

I know that the days of dirt cheap guns are most likely long gone, but I figured for $30, I can break even buying one gun and avoiding the transfer fee. How many people here have their C&R and is there a relatively current list of what online stores give a discount?
    If you don't mind me asking, when did you send in your application?

I sent mine in months ago. Nothing. No charges on my card, no "screw you", nothing. I'm about ready to just give up on it and redo the application.

Boolit Master
    I didn't renew the C&R the last time it came up for renewal, 2 years ago, figuring that there wasn't much that I really needed/wanted anymore.
    I 'believe' that Graf's & Brownell's do still give a discount, Midway definitely not.
    https://wbrpc.org/

genealogy, another area of interest

feedback - http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...9613-czech_too

Here in NYS, the SafeAct pretty much made C&R’s useless as you still need to go thru a regular ffl for a background check.

Boolit Buddy

I continue to maintain my 03 FFL and my Certificate of Eligibility. It's the only way that I can order ammo on-line here in California.
    Last edited by BorderBrewer; 10-30-2018 at 06:59 PM. Reason: grammar
    "The Constitution should be taken like mountain whiskey -- undiluted and untaxed." - Sam Ervin

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by am44mag View Post

I sent mine in months ago. Nothing. No charges on my card, no "screw you", nothing. I'm about ready to just give up on it and redo the application.
    I mailed my application on 10-24. They took my money on 10-30. So it didn't take long to get to this point. Try calling them. I think there's a help number on the ffl application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Czech_too View Post
    I didn't renew the C&R the last time it came up for renewal, 2 years ago, figuring that there wasn't much that I really needed/wanted anymore.
    I 'believe' that Graf's & Brownell's do still give a discount, Midway definitely not.
    I know midway stopped doing theirs about 4 years ago. I wish they still did because it's where I order stuff from most of the time. Brownells will be getting more of my money. I've never used graffs, I always forget about them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by am44mag View Post

9months is way too long. anything much over 3 months, and there is something wrong. most likely some buffoon lost it, either in the mail or on someones desk at the atf.

I got my C&R FFL at the first of this year. It does seem that getting old milsurps for a good price has been relugated to the "good ol' days," but I got mine nevertheless. The turnaround on mine was pretty quick, IIRC. It took maybe three months. I can't remember exactly when I sent in the paperwork, but they charged my card rather quickly (5 Jan., 2018). I think it took about 2 months after the cc charge to get the license in the mail. Right now I can't access my C&R paperwork, if I could I would have more exact wait times.

Boolit Master

am44mag I suggest you call BATFE and ask if there is a problem. When I first applied for my license I forgot to send a required form and my app just sat there in limbo until I called to see if there was a problem. I sent the form and received my license in a few weeks.

Also it is my experience that they will deposit your check upon receipt and mail your license when they get around to it. That happened when I first applied and with every renewal. It's not like a business that deposits your check when they ship your order.
    Chuck

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Something must have gone wrong, I had turn around time of 20 days on my renewal!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    Brownells and numrich are the only places I shop that still give dealer pricing to C&R holders. Graf will if you buy $4,000 per year. My yearly shooting bill is considerably under that.

For $10 a year I still keep it though.
    Some people live and learn but I mostly just live

Boolit Master

I renewed recently for the 3rd time, and like Waksupi the turnaround was about 3 weeks from the time I mailed my paperwork.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Boolit Bub
    So I got my C&R FFL on November 14th. I mailed it October 24th, so the turnaround was extremely fast. Just wanted to update with a post in case anyone is wondering about current wait times for them.

Boolit Master
    There used to be a list of the ATF website of C&R-eligible firearms, and it was a lot more than military surplus. It's worth finding out what is C&R-eligible if you're considering getting the license, or letting yours lapse.

Moderator Emeritus

My 1st renewal seemed to take "forever", and I was sent a letter of continuance, permitting C&R use after the expiration date on it. The lady I spoke with in making my request suggested a slowing factor possibly was my not enclosing a copy of letter to local police (a requirement they be notified) with my application. It may be a coincidence/superstitious -- but my renewal again came up, and I recalled conversation, enclosing a copy of my letter to local police chief. The renewal came in but weeks... Good luck!
    geo

I just got back home after some time away and checked the dates on my C&R FFL application, credit card statement, and envelope in which the license was mailed. I dated my application on the 29th of December, 2017 and my credit card was charged on January 5, 2018. The postage on the envelope with my license in it was printed on February 2, 2018. So the whole thing, from sending in my application to receiving the license was fairly quick (a month and a half to two months depending on when I actually received the license. I am not exactly sure when I received it, but it couldn't have been too long after 2 Feb).

Ed

Boolit Master

Besides "cheap" milsurps, realize that any firearm born before 1969 is C & R eligible. That includes those crappy pre-64 Winchester model 70's , early Remington 700's, and Rugers, and Marlins that can be shipped to your door. You know when they made guns out of those outdated materials like wood and steel.

Just saying.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.