WidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aguila Colibri

I've taught many people to shoot starting at close range with Colibris and a Rossi single shot. The ejecting case is louder than the shot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    It really depends on the gun, guy I knew some tight barreled Remington, few of them even made it out of the barrel. They do have their fun. No idea what I paid for ones I have, been slowly using up a brick bought years ago. They work well in my sons cricket rifle. tried them in a heritage revolver, but might as well throw the gun as inaccurate as they were.

I ran some over a chrony a while back, was only like 400fps out of the cricket.

I had a experience with Colibri on a possum. One night I was laying in some stove wood for the old gentleman that owners the property my camps on. Wood is stacked on a side porch under tarp. When I flipped the tarp a
    possum came boiling out. I had been in the barn shooting rats & mice and Single-6 was loaded with Colibri. At
    3' I emptied the gun on him. Not much effect except he might have grabbed a gear. The old gentleman who was
    behind me stepped in and finished it with his cane. From then on Colibri were known as possum loads and the cane was the possum stick. The possum stick was more effective on boar possum.

Boolit Master
    I have used Colibri in a number of rifles.I own a number of German 1930's era training and sporting rifles.On those the bullet goes about half way down the barrel.I have a Romanian Cugir single shot that the bullet won't leave the throat.The bore on that rifle looks like they forgot to ream the bore before rifling.The Remington's (511 and 34) work fine with Colibri.The best rifle I have for use with Colibri is a CZ 452 youth rifle with a standard LOP stock.It's accurate and the bullets always leave the barrel.

CCI quiets have replaced colibri in my rifles. 15 years ago a brick of colibri was $13. When those days come back, I’ll switch back. As of now, CCI quiet is 3.27 at academy sports and for most purposes, it a way more accurate round.

My first tryout with Quiets was at a range out in Idaho. After about a dozen rounds out of my Ballard a guy came over wanting to see my silencer. The light was such that I could track each bullet in the scope, all the way to the target.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    They were quiet and fun. I picked up a brick of "Super Colibri" at a gun show last weekend, dealer tells me they doubled the priming charge to increase the velocity. I haven't had a chance to shoot them yet but there should be fewer issues with performance and squibs. https://www.targetsportsusa.com/agui...39-p-3433.aspx
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Grinch View Post
    I agree... be careful to make sure they exit the barrel. I use the Colibris in my Norinco JW15 to cull squirrels. Tried them in my Winchester single shot 22 and found they don’t exit the barrel.
    I had CCI quiets not exit my cz 452 ultra lux super exclusive. I was smart enough to check after the first shot when all I heard was a click before I wrecked my barrel and tried a second after I cleared the first with the same results.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12