WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackbox
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Nephew's 6 year old son has cancer

Boolit Master

My Nephew's 6 year old son has cancer

This post has been okayed by No_1.

Please help, if you can

My Nephew and his wife were told the first week in December, that their 6 year old boy, Ryker, has Hodgkin Lymphoma. It is Stage 3. His Christmas Eve was spent getting chemo. He is currently undergoing his second run of chemotherapy, and has lost all of his hair, but is handling it as only a 6 year old could!! Brave little man.
    My Nephew lost his job in August (company downsizing), and his wife is losing hers with a different company, for the same reason. They have 2 other children, ages 2 and newborn.
    I've been a member of this board for a long time, and have been instrumental in running, or contributing to running, 3 different fundraisers for board members when they were in need. If I could support them, I would, but the only thing I could think of doing to help them, is to ask for your prayers, and share their GoFundMe with as many people as possible.
    By the way, they would never think of having a fund raiser, or asking anyone for money, a friend of theirs started it.

A link to the fundraiser, for you to check out and contribute through, if the spirit moves you:

https://www.gofundme.com/ryker-stron...G4ZGoGLNTQdDvU

A link to the Facebook page the family has set up, so we could follow Ryker's progress:

https://www.facebook.com/rykerstrong6/?hc_location=ufi

You are all the best bunch of folks that I could ever ask to be a part of, and your prayers are just as important as any donations.

Thank you,

Don Collingham, Jr.
    obssd1958

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master

Did it...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master

Prayers sent
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Moderator Emeritus

Don, sorry to hear that. Prayers sent and funding will follow.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

Praying God's best blessings for him and the family.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Moderator Emeritus

Done and prayers too.

Boolit Master
    Thank you, gentlemen.

This is Ryker on Christmas Eve:

Attachment 234648

Ryker playing video games after chemo on January 14th (the food was his parent's!)

Attachment 234649

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master
    Thank you so much for the support, guys!

Here is an update from their Facebook page:

Round 3 - FIGHT!!!

All settled in the room and started on fluids so we can start round 3 out of 4 on the chemo treatments. The oncologist said that they will be taking a closer look at the PET scan/images from Wednesday but from what he’s seen so far, Ryker is on track and no radiation is needed. We’re SO thankful but also taking it with a grain of salt since this could change anytime
    Ryker’s classmate, Gabe, has relapsed with his Leukemia and is also undergoing chemo treatments so it’s been a blessing for Ryker to have a familiar face around when the boys go in for chemo treatments at the hospital. Earlier today they went to the hospital school together and played the Wii for a while

Attachment 235064

(Ryker is in the yellow shirt)
    Please keep the prayers coming, and if the spirit moves you, they could use the financial help too.

Moderator Emeritus

I had just recieved that update in email. Great to hear he may not need the chemo. Good luck

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Am so sorry to hear this. Will pray for him.

Glad to hear that there is some light at the end of the tunnel and wish him all the best. Also hope the parents find a job soon and get a break from all the stress - can't imagine being in their position. Donation and prayers have been sent.
    Tom
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Boolit Master
    I wish the best for the young man. Has his mother and dad contacted St Jude’s? Every part of the treatment is free.
    East Tennessee

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Praying for his healing. No child should experience cancer.

Prayers for all concerned.

Sent from the largest mountain range in Florida.

Boolit Master
    The most recent update from the Facebook page they set up for Ryker:

"Ryker’s friend Gabe and his parents recommended Ryker as an honoree for the leukemia lymphoma society Eagle Firefighters Stairclimb Team. The Boise Fire Department team has been participating for around 13 years, raising $500,000.00 in that time. The Boise team was approached by Sean Marvin from Eagle Fire to see if anyone knew of an honoree that Eagle Fire could have as their team honoree since Gabe is already one of the honorees for the Boise Firefighters team. We have been in contact with Sean and organizing a visit for Ryker’s next hospital stay.

Today was supposed to be spent being admitted and settling in at the hospital so Ryker could get his 4th round of chemo as well as a visit from the Eagle Fire Department. After accessing his port and checking his blood counts it was determined that his neutrophil (white blood cells) levels were too low to do chemo and it was rescheduled for next week. Initially we were disappointed - it’s a lot of moving parts for gathering everything we need, dealing with schedules and getting Scarlet settled at the in-laws during these treatments. But, since we had already pre-arranged a first time visit with the Eagle Fire Department this afternoon and we just had Ryker and Miles, we went to them instead!

The Eagle Fire Department team gladly welcomed us and we met each one. They were excited to meet Ryker and his family - to have a connection to someone, as it makes teams learn more about what they are fundraising for, and the real human effect this has. Their kindness and generosity were mind blowing as they led us on a tour of the building, showed Ryker all of their fire trucks and cool tools/equipment, let him climb into several of them and also took us on a ride in one 🚒 😱 And after all of that they gave Ryker some treats that he enjoys as well as a lot of Eagle Fire Department memorabilia which included patches, coins, hat & t-shirt and a bonafide firefighter hat that was decorated with encouraging words by many of the firefighters and some police officers as well 👮 We are humbled and honored to have such outstanding people behind us as we battle this cancer ✌️"

If you have a Facebook account, and want to follow his journey, you can find it here:

https://www.facebook.com/rykerstrong...vodt-cG_8Od_mQ

Boolit Buddy
    Prayers sent not only for Ryker but the whole family.

In Remembrance

Prayers sent for all involved! <><

USMC 77, USRA 79

Prayers sent sir..
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master
    Update from Ryker's mom, for those interested, but not following on Facebook:

Ryker has been recovering well from the port removal surgery. On Tuesday we met up with the school nurse, counselor, hospital teacher/school teachers and principal to go over safety measures and any health needs that he might have. They have all been so supportive and were so happy to see him and hear that he was coming back to school ❤️

So this morning I dropped off my sweet, happy boy at school. Unless any changes come up he will finish 1st grade with his classmates on May 24. And in about 2 weeks he will be 7 years old...I just can’t believe how fast time has flown by. We are so blessed

Continued prayers for the next follow up CT scans and review on July 8 would be appreciated

Attachment 240077
    Attachment 240078

Gofundme link for those that would like to help:
    https://www.gofundme.com/ryker-stron...supporters-v5b

Boolit Buddy
    Awesome update, Don. Praise God for his mercy, grace, and healing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast