WidenersRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackbox
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: See what you .32 enablers made me do

See what you .32 enablers made me do

Initial results are promising. Shoots .32 long and magnums pretty well. I am pleased. Don't know if I will load .327's or not.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Man
    I have one of those, and I like it. Haven't loaded any 327's yet, still playing with 32 mags. Just looking for a woods carry gun.

Boolit Master

Nice shooter!

Be careful. They are addicting!
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Master
    I have one like the OP's. In my gun I have found that I get the best accuracy using 327 starline brass.I have tried 32H&R Federal brass and have never been able to get the same accuracy as the 327 brass.I only shoot lite loads in my SP101.My favorite load is 3.7 grs. of Bullseye using a NOE copy of the RCBS 103 gr. boolit.

Boolit Bub
    Your off to a good start. Now you have to remember you need another for the other hand.

Boolit Grand Master
    A man--or woman--could do a heck of a lot worse. I have one and think it a dandy, but a set of springs and shims really make it shine.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    A man--or woman--could do a heck of a lot worse. I have one and think it a dandy, but a set of springs and shims really make it shine.
    Agreed, a shim kit and wolf sping kit help a lot. Also a pretty easy revolver to break down and polish up trigger parts. I even took a ceramic to the SA sear.

Boolit Master
    The spring kit was a game changer for the gun.

For ammo, it really does shoot better with 327 brass.

I load everything from 55 gr pop gun loads to palm slappers in 327 cases.

Boolit Master
    With the .327 magnum revolvers, you would get better accuracy using .327 cases. It moves the bullets more closely to the barrel and rifling thus reducing the bullet jump effects.

North Central Montana; across the wide Missouri
    I have 2 of the SP-101's in 327. They shine, as the old timers used to say. I have never tried them with anything less than full power 327's. I have a plethora of 32 revolvers chambered for the older 32 revolver cartridges, consequently the new stainless guns see only what they are labeled for.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I don't have a 327 yet but i a addictided to 32s love them all sw swlong acp and hr mag. But still missing a 327.

Boolit Grand Master
    i've got the big 8 shot Blackhawk in 327 and it is most respectable with those warmish loads i like. The DA Ruger the OP found will also be a strong platform for the caliber and should serve him quite well. FWIW, my other 327, the custom K-frame S&W, gets more of the mild loads in 32 Long and H&R.

froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    Don't worry. You can quit .32's any time you want. Just ask anyone here.

Boolit Master
    I quit successfully! It took a lot of effort and a year of withdrawal, but, I finally let go.

Each time I go to the range or reloading bench the effects are less and less. Not having to find those small cases tossed about at the range, or fumbling with those tiny cases and bullets when reloading.

If I still went out after jackrabbits I'd probably have kept that 1903.

Boolit Master

Very nice Colt. Deleted rest of the post because it had nothing to do with the OP's post.
    Last edited by TNsailorman; 01-22-2019 at 12:48 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

The more I shoot my matched set of Ruger "Baby Vaq's" the more I like them. Welcome to the club
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

32 H&R is a good cartridge, but the smile factor goes all to 327 federal. Having previously shot 32 acp, I didn't expect 32 S&W long to be much more. After shooting some boomer 327 federal loads, I tried 32 s&w. My uncle had bought a single seven with a bunch off ammo, and some 32 s&w magtech ammo was in there. He made a comment how it must be good, as the poor guy had paid $32 for a box. The first shot went pfffeh. My uncle and I laughed for a good minute before checking that the bullet did actually make it out of the barrel. I think it's just a bad batch of ammo, although it is comical just how big of a step up full power 327 federal ammo can be. It does seem that 327 ammo is more accurate than 32 h&r when used in a 327 chamber, although I'm sure there are plenty of ways to work around it. It is only an extra .125" gap.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    If your talking about 32sw the short ones then pfffeh is bout right heard cap guns louder. But they are fun to shoot very little powder and lead and guns can be had really cheap. The sw lemon squeezer can get a little pricey if you want an hr ivor johnson us arms ect. They can be had in good shape for well under 100 dollars on gunbroker. Have a shelf full of them in safe.

Boolit Grand Master
    I enjoy my SP-101 x 4.2' in 327 Federal very much. I load full-tilt eardrum-splitters and "32 S&W Long +P" (RCBS 32-98-SWC @ 950 FPS) mostly, both are VERY accurate loads. I have a Wolff kit sitting on the work table, and I will get around to installing it eventually. The D/A and S/A trigger strokes are smoothing out over time.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast