Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: Found An Old GAR Circular

Boolit Master

Found An Old GAR Circular

I was going thru some old catalogs/articles today and ran across a GAR circular postmarked June, 2003. It even has a 10% off coupon inside. I had almost forgotten about them. I remember when they were going out of business, I managed to get a couple of SAECO molds and a SAECO lube sizer. I can't remember if I got any size dies or not.

Boy! Wish I had some money back then. Although today's prices may not be that bad when considering inflation.
    John
    W.TN

In Remembrance
    I still have a tub of GAR black powder lube, bought 3 of them many years ago.
    NRA Life
    NMLRA Life
    F&AM

Boolit Master
    Yeah I got 3 nice Saeco BPCR molds from GAR when they shut down and the molds were really cheap.
    EDG

Boolit Master

I bought quite a few Saeco moulds and handles as well as various other items from them!

They were good people to deal with !!

Boolit Master

Still have a bunch of GAR lube I bought back when Bill was in his prime. Still good. His son took over the business for a while but let it go down and out. Best source of Saeco moulds around for a while. You could call and ask for a mould number and he'd say, " I think I have one out in the garage" and go look and he'd come back and say that he had it. Fantastic memory. Enjoyed doing business with him./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

I've got a tub of straight alox they sold me on. Not sure what I had planned on doing with it. People were always trying to find the best combination of ingredients for the perfect lube, so maybe that's what I had in mind.
    N.R.A. Life Member

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by georgewxxx View Post
    I've got a tub of straight alox they sold me on. Not sure what I had planned on doing with it. People were always trying to find the best combination of ingredients for the perfect lube, so maybe that's what I had in mind.
    That reminds me that I've still got a couple of tubs of Alox2138F(they put it in whatever they could find and then wrapped it in enough tape to hold a box of lead ingots) that I got from them. I think I've used about half of the original order and that has lasted me to now. I've also got a lot of Alox 350 along with instructions I got from Molly to mix it into Alox 2138F. I guess someday I'll have to figure out how to sell it. I'll never use it all.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Grand Master
    OK, I've got to ask... the only time I've seen the acronym GAR used was for Grand Army of the Republic, dating back to the Civil War. At the risk of sounding exceedingly stupid, what is GAR?

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Froggie, GAR = Garafolo (sp?) Reloading Supplies in West Paterson, N.J. They were nice to do business with.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Maven View Post
    Froggie, GAR = Garafolo (sp?) Reloading Supplies in West Paterson, N.J. They were nice to do business with.
    Thanks! When were they in business? I feel like I should have heard of them, but I’m coming up blank.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Froggie, I don't know when the business began, but I remember ordering from them in the 1980's until maybe ~1990.