RepackboxRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad Data
WidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: WTB: 9x18 Makarov mold(s)

WTB: 9x18 Makarov mold(s)

Looking for a mold or two for some 9x18 makarov loving from the silver stream. Running low on the fantastic National Bullet Co. copper plated/powdered bullets I have left (from before they went down the can when they lost the place they used to have plate for them and got into HUGE biz troubles)

I'm REALLY hoping someone has the old makarov.com 6 cavity lee custom SWC mold laying around gathering dust, but I'm open to just about anything. Would really like multi-cavity though.
    This is for my SSD (StaatsSicherheitsDienst aka stasi) special.

Lemme know what you've got and if you've used it, and can remember HA!, what it casts at diameter-wise.

Wouldn't say no if anyone happens to have some mak brass laying about either, but no hurry. I have a couple ancient bags of starline, and a couple of boxes of that newish Red Army 'Elite' from Poland to try out.

ST

Banned
    Lee has DC 365-95-1R that works. IF you want more cavities you'll have to go with NOE or another custom manufacturer.

I have the 95gr RN Lee 2 banger I got in a deal. It is unused. Would take $23 shipped for it.

Boolit Master
    If a mold from Tom at Accurate molds is what your looking for i have a 3 cavity aluminum.
    I also have a 2lb coffee can full of 90 gr. ingots that are PC. Which i could trade or sell

Quote Originally Posted by Anonym View Post
    I have the 95gr RN Lee 2 banger I got in a deal. It is unused. Would take $23 shipped for it.
    PM sent.

Boolit Master

NOE has moulds for that. 5C moulds are quick!

Yeah was hoping to find the unusual one that Lee whipped up a long while back for the old' makarov.com site. (6 cav SWC) Or something used (fixed income) before I bought new.

here's what I know:

lee had a custom one for makarov.com looking for info on it. I have boolit photos, nothing else, no p/n

lee 2 cav 365-95-1R #90466
    rcbs 9mm-100-RN #82084(p/n deprecated. that p/n is now a .45)sizer 82248,top punch 82551|551
    saeco 62940 top punch#SAE35465 for saeco,SAELR46524 lyman/rcbs
    lyman 364653 95gr/casts .366"?
    MP Molds MP 366 93 HP PB Makarov €114.75
    NEI 100363
    Accurate lists around 8 or so molds listed in their current online catalog as 9x18 some as small as .363, some larger.
    NOE ranch dog SC367-102-RF-BG1-61?
    Ranch Dog had his own 6 cav. while some were fine, sounds like some cast VERY large though (.370-.375) p/n maybe 367 TL- 100- RF?

Cramer #10D made for some Euro hunting gun, but cast .365, 117gr rounds. long point but worked VERY well in some guns with longer throats. This is odd, as an old Cramer catalog I have shows a 10D as a .358 160S.
    Now the originator of this info is the same fella that designed the Lee SWC, so it at least bears looking at.
    Last edited by squidtamer; 01-29-2019 at 02:50 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	makarov.com.lee.6banger.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	173.6 KB 
ID:	234862
    This is the only picture I've ever been able to find for the Lee custom 6 cavity they made for makarov.com back in the day. Sadly I've no photos of the mold. I have reached out to Lee to ask though.
    Hopefully this image works. Spent near an hour trying to figure out how to strip it out of an ancient photobucket.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    I have 3-cavity Accurate 362-125T with two cavities converted to hollowpoint by www.hollowpointmold.com, bullets drop .363+ the solids 125 grains and the HP 114 grains. $125 shipped SFRB. Also good for .38 S&W

Attachment 234875Attachment 234876
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.