Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2
Wideners

Thread: 6pt-sika - question for you

Boolit Master

6pt-sika - question for you

Rather than mess up another thread, I'd be interested to hear about your 20 ga. loads with No. 2 buck as I've got a lot of it. Could you expound a little on them?> Thanks

Last few years I’ve been loading for a couple 20 gauge doubles that are fixed choke F&M . Anyway I’ve not done any #4 Buck . But I have messed with #3 , #2 , a small amount of #1 and the Lyman 20 gauge sabot slug . My little circa 1928 Parker VHE 20 gauge did very well with the slugs and the #2 buck . Little Fox Sterlingworth 20 did nicely with #2 and #3 buck , and #1 is good enough inside my thirty yard limit for a deer . Haven’t tried the slugs in the Fox yet . Also have a LC Smith 20 gauge that’ll go thru the same trial when it warms a bit . My three doubles are all 2 3/4” at some point down the road I’d like to pick up a Belgium Browning Superposed and or A-5 20 gauge with 3” chambers .

Last edited by 6pt-sika; 01-16-2019 at 09:47 PM.
    Take a kid along

Boolit Master
    Used 16 #2 buck in a SP-20 wad with three 9mm cases of buffer . Pushed all of that with SR7625 , don’t remember the charge off the top of my head but I’m sure it wasn’t the max or the lightest . You need to understand my criteria is to make loads that won’t compromise my old doubles but throw a relatively good enough pattern for deer typically inside thirty yards . At some point down the road I would like to get a Belgium Browning O/U or A-5 chambered for 20 gauge 3” and work out a couple loads for them as well .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Master
    I bought a flat of 20 gauge 2 3/4” that’s loaded with #1 buck . It’s made by an Eastern European company and was relatively inexpensive by the flat . It contained 10 rwentyfive round boxes , I kept three boxes and sold the other seven and got my three for nothing . Anyway that stuff shot okay enough for deer inside 25 yards or atleast how it was in the mod and full chokes in my Parker and Fox . I need to try it in my little circa 1965 Browning Superposed skeet gun since it’s S/S it might handle the larger pellets a skoosh better .

Boolit Master

Thanks for the reply. If I may ask, what cases did you load this in?
    Take a kid along

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by woody1 View Post
    At the moment the only 20 gauge cases I load are AA’s or REM STS . So it was one or the other more then likely AA’s .

Manny's fightin' tonight. I assume you are watching.. Let us know how it goes. Love the Pac Man.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    Manny's fightin' tonight. I assume you are watching.. Let us know how it goes. Love the Pac Man.

Randy
    I scored it and got Pacquiao winning 10 rounds to 2 . The judges have Broner 3 or 4 rounds . Anyway Pacquiao by unanimous decision 117-111 , 116-112 and 116-112 .

YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by woody1 View Post
    With SR7625 if you can find any I used MEC bushing 22 the loading book claims that's 17 grains . I never weighed or chronographed it . They quit selling 7625 as such about 4 or 5 years ago but theres still some around . I got 18 pounds of a guy on the Parker forum back before Xmas so that and what I already had oughta get me thru my lifetime . I mostly use 7625 for my 10 gauge 2 7/8" hunting loads as well as 10 gauge slug and buckshot loads . Also have slug/buckshot loads for the 12 , 16 and 20 using 7625 . So as I said I'm in pretty good shape unless I live to be 120 LOL's !