Snyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which reloading manual ?

Banned

Most of the manuals I have are older ones, but I did buy the Lyman's 50th Edition. And a plus to that is that I can help a fellow reloader. He and I just recently made a deal on brass. He gets all of his data from the internet, so I'm giving him my Lyman's 49th Edition. Kind of a way to pay it forward. He is on SSDI and has limited funds. Always feels good to help someone else out.

Boolit Master

I buy just about every new one that comes out. I have all the Speer's, Hornady's, Sierra's and so on.
    I like the LYMAN best. I buy every new one that comes out.

But I've given up on the others. If you buy the Loadbooks, all you get is Xerox copies from the Bullet Manufacturers MANUALS.

I bought the HODGDON annual from 2005 when they started until now. I'm not buying anymore. It has about 5% new data a year. Not enough to bother, you can get the same data from their website. And the Annuals have data for only the most popular cartridges.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Walks View Post
    But I've given up on the others. If you buy the Loadbooks, all you get is Xerox copies from the Bullet Manufacturers MANUALS.
    I like those. All the data in one little binder and they don't take up so much space on my bench.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Alliant powder will give you there manual for free. You can sign up for one on website or call has more info than website.

Boolit Master

This is a standard question asked at least once a month on each of the gun forums.

The answer is always the same: Lyman 50.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

I enjoyed this thread. I started with the Lyman 48 and I had some questions that it didn't answer, although the Lyman is the most well rounded. The Lee manual was interesting, sort of a more practical take on it. Got the Lyman 49th now and looking to get a 50th as money allows.

Boolit Master
    + 1 for Lyman manuals and the manufacturers web sites.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    You can never have enough in my book. (Pun intended ).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyB1 View Post
    If you're going to limit yourself to ONE, The Lee book is the most comprehensive.

For the most variety, Loaddata.com from Wolfe publishing is inexpensive and is constantly growing.
    I don't know about loaddata.com from what little I have seen, as I am NOT going to pay that monthly subscription fee is that the place is USER submitted loading data. IE, any bubba with a subscription can put "loading data" on the site.

I have seen other sites that do that for free, and just get the willies from it. I have seen typos in the Hodgdon annual magazine, and if a company dedicated to selling powder isn't careful in their load data, who would think Bobby Bubba from Arkansa' is going to care or attempt to put a decimal point in the right spot, or to even know what their load actually is?

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by MOA View Post
    You can never have enough in my book. (Pun intended ).

MOA, that is impressive.
    I have some manuals and try to regularly add to my manuals, both old and new material. Mine is as much curiosity as anything.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Jd9770,
    It's not a huge library of load data. I'm kind of a piker compared to a few member on this forum. I remember seeing one time someone's reload data that took up an entire wall from floor to ceiling. Must have been 20 or 30 times the size of my few shelves. I spent a few years working a, and owning a LGS, so I have access to new books as they came into print over the years. As mentioned earlier, many new books are last edition reprints with only a few changes. So it's not like your getting a whole book of new info. There are only a few books out there that I don't have, but most of those are jword books. I'm more involved with cast these days instead of jacketed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12