MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad DataRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: Found a S&W 30-1 3" .32 finally

Found a S&W 30-1 3" .32 finally

looked for one locally for a few years and this nice one showed up today.My Hensley and Gibbs #65 100g swc mold is going to get along with it I hope!

Attachment 234201
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries

Boolit Buddy

Congratulations! Not quite "hens teeth" but close! Took me what seemed forever to find one. Sweet little pistols.

BF
    "The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."--Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Ford View Post
    Congratulations! Not quite "hens teeth" but close! Took me what seemed forever to find one. Sweet little pistols.

BF
    ya,I didn't want to buy from auction house.i wanted to handle before I bought.mint bore and tight lock up

Boolit Master
    My 4" 31-1 loves the little H&G bullet. I'm sure your little guy will too..
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Buddy
    I have a 31-1 short barrel and it loves a 100 gr. wadcutter with Unique. I am trying the Lyman 115 grain flat nose as soon as I get time to load them. The wadcutter shoots under the sights, I'm thinking the 115 might shoot a little higher. Now that I think about it, it likes every boolit I have fed it just different points of impact.
    Have Fun, Tony

North Central Montana; across the wide Missouri
    My 30-1, 3" and my 31-1 4" both love the Ideal 313226 95 gr. RN over 2.5 gr. of Bullseye. Both shoot to point of aim out at 25 yards with it. I tried heavier and lighter cast and they just didn't print as uniformly as with the 95 gr., cast soft. Looking at 32 S&W Long ammunition history I found that the premier bullet weight used over the years was 95 grain. It works......so I stick with it.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Nice! An ancient Hand Ejector just like that one was the first handgun I ever fired.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Grand Master
    A 2"-4" Model 30 or 31 is kind of a "Grail Gun" for me. I am VERY fond of 30-32 caliber handguns. I manage the 32 revolver addiction via a nice nickeled Colt New Pocket x 6", and with a Ruger SP-101 x 4.2" that gets RCBS #32-98-SWC down-loaded at 800-1000 FPS. The little Colt gets the same bullet run at 700-725 FPS. I got into bullet casting to help feed a S&W Model 31 x 3" I had during the early 1980s, since commercially-made reloading components in that caliber were unobtainium. What a monster THAT MOVE created.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    My first 32 revolver was a 31-1, 4 inch. Really nice little guns,accurate,quiet and light! My 31-1 is lighter than my Bearcat, notably lighter! Forgot to add, the little Rossi M69 is a sweet little 32 as well, mine's 3 inch and has the short cyl like the pre J frames. They sell as a real bargain when they show up!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

I want one. That would be so much fun. Thirty two fan here as well; currently own zero.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Great looking gun!
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master
    By Golly, kudos to the OP!

If only “we” had known how these revolvers of that ilk would turn into such sought after items .... back in the day when everyone seemed to have caught magnumitis .....

Best regards

Three44s

I got the .32 bug in 1985 when I got my Single Six. 32 Magnum.i.killed alot of rabbits with that thing.

Boolit Mold
    Congratulations! Looks good. Let us know how the H&G 65 mold bullets work out. I've been thinking of an Accurate Mold 31-100H mold which is a clone of the H&G mold for my model 30 4".