Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Veral Smith - LBT Molds still in business?

Boolit Mold

Is Veral Smith - LBT Molds still in business?

Evening All,

I've got 4-5 of Veral's molds that I purchased from him some years ago. I wouldn't mind ordering a couple more for a couple projects I have in the works but when I sent an email it came back undeliverable. Veral never had a website and was always a little hard to get a hold of. In addition to that he probably not a spring chicken any more!

Can anyone positively confirm that he is or is not in business any more? If he is do you have his contact information?

Cheers!

Wade

http://www.lbtmolds.com/

I havent tried to contact him, but his sight is there.

Boolit Grand Master

Many claim he is, I'm under the impression he is not. He does have a website though, http://www.lbtmolds.com/.

I've been trying to contact him since summer. Multiple emails, multiple phone calls, nothing is ever returned. All I want is his book, and he doesn't even seem to be able to do that.

Boolit Mold
    It's an excellent book, I was smart enough to buy a spare back in the day!

Wade

I do hope he's okay. I want a copy of his book myself.

Boolit Grand Master

At the very least he should put the book online. I like the old school mentality, but if you can't physically put a book in a box, it's time to sell electronic copies.

Boolit Buddy
    I received an email back on 10/27/18 from him and ordered a mold and have not heard a word back from him and the check was cashed. I have emailed him again and hope he will respond.

Moderator Emeritus

Beartooth bullets sold a variation of it with much of the data when he was away visiting feds. That may still be available.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Moderator Emeritus

Is Veral Smith - LBT Molds still in business?
    I would say yes, judging by the last several posts in this thread. Always be patient.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ge3&highlight=
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Buddy
    I received an email from Veral this morning, he is still doing molds and my order went out yesterday
    He also has a new email address lbtisaccuracyATgmail.com (change the AT to @) he also stated he has updated his book and it will be available the end of February.

Boolit Master
    I also have and have had LBT molds, and am on my second copy of his book after the first one didn't come home.

However, Tom at Accurate Molds in Utah makes a better all around mold and is where I've ordered all recent molds.

Plus, Tom's turn around has always been really quick with every order I've made.

While Veral's are good, Tom's are just better.

Better sprew plate with a better hold down. I like Vearl's sprew plates, but NOT his hold down.

If you order one of the LBT molds, be smart and order extra hold downs as those do break. Those plate hold downs are the weak point of Veral's molds.

By the way, Veral's "visit with the feds" was some years back.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Boolit Master

This thread reminds me that I need to stop procrastinating and order another mold from Veral while I can. Of my humble collection of molds, none makes me look more like a veteran caster than my LBT. It is so easy to make keepers after keepers.

Good advice Ol'Coot about spare hold down pins.

Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This thread reminds me that I need to stop procrastinating and order another mold from Veral while I can. Of my humble collection of molds, none makes me look more like a veteran caster than my LBT. It is so easy to make keepers after keepers.

Good advice Ol'Coot about spare hold down pins.
    Amen to that, brother. Been putting off getting his 160gr. FN in .358 for some stupid reason for a while now. Guess I'll better order tomorrow.

Boolit Buddy
    Good luck fellows. I have a lot of LBT molds and my last order was enough to make me swear off ever ordering another. There was nothing wrong with the molds, they were excellent, but the order dragged on for over a year for four, 4 cavity molds. Communication was almost nonexistent. I saw posts here and on other forums of guys who had ordered after me and received theirs before me. It was exceedingly frustrating.

I have several from Accurate Molds, Mountain Molds, Arsenal, NOE and Mihec. They all turn orders around quickly and communicate well. It's a shame that Veral's customer service has fall off so badly. His molds are some of the finest in the business but regardless how good they are, poor service angers customers.
    Last edited by mart; 01-27-2019 at 02:30 PM.
    Only left handed guns are interesting!

Boolit Master

Mart, thanks for the heads up. This is one of the reasons that I feel like I'd better "hurry".

Being employed in a library, I can't encourage copyright violations by encouraging a scan and dump.
    I do wish Veral would have made arrangements to sell an electronic version via Amazon or any online source.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 475AR View Post
    I received an email from Veral this morning, he is still doing molds and my order went out yesterday
    He also has a new email address lbtisaccuracyATgmail.com (change the AT to @) he also stated he has updated his book and it will be available the end of February.
    I sent another email to this address after reading this post. I think this makes 3 emails since August, not a single one has been answered. I tried calling 1-208-267-3588 , no answer. All I want is his book. Is there no other way to get it?

Boolit Master
    You will probably just have to wait until he gets the books in hand and can fill the orders as they come in. That way if there is any price adjustment required, it will be from the very beginning. Clearly, we have all been informed that there is no real need to attempt further contact until the book is available.

If you are desperate, run an add in the "Swap and Sell" and see if anyone is willing to help you out. As long as Veral handles the book sales, there will be no middle man mark up to deal with.

Boolit Master

Veral and his book helped me so much when I began casting 3 years ago. He bent my ear over a couple of phone calls, and I was glad to just listen. That man can talk about casting.

Sunday I did an extended casting session with multiple molds. There is something special about the way my LBT 4 cav casts. So well vented. The sprue plate opens gently with a gloved hand and reveals bases that are absolutely full and flush. Then the boolits just dribble out of the mold. Never a need to shake or tap handles. Accurate and NOE molds are fantastic too. But there is just something about the LBT, a secret sauce maybe.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bannister View Post
    You will probably just have to wait until he gets the books in hand and can fill the orders as they come in. That way if there is any price adjustment required, it will be from the very beginning. Clearly, we have all been informed that there is no real need to attempt further contact until the book is available.

If you are desperate, run an add in the "Swap and Sell" and see if anyone is willing to help you out. As long as Veral handles the book sales, there will be no middle man mark up to deal with.
    I'm not desperate for it. I do think he should just retire. If you can't answer an email or a phone call within 6 months, you are not in business. He must have family members that can publish his book on Amazon or another online source. There are people on this sight that have waited a year or more for his molds. At some point you just have to accept you can't do it anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast