Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: Entreprise arms FAL?

Boolit Master

Entreprise arms FAL?

Guess a trade in at the local shop. Entreprise arms FAL, carry handle, bipod, scope mount. Scope is junk, no rear sight. Listed price $999, worth it or not?

Boolit Master
    it's all in the details. if it says "buena park, CA", the gun is pre-94 and worth coin. if it says "irwindale", it's possibly 6-800, if it's a later receiver, it may be a piece of ****. take some photos of the receiver marks and post them on FALFILES.com for a refined opinion.

a grand for an enterprise sounds like a lot, but if the kit it is assembled ot is unusual, maybe. photos of entire rifle please.

Kinda depends on what scope mount, and how nice the parts kit is the rifle was built from. The irwindale builds aren't all bad, but not worth as much. Can you testfire it before purchase? Maybe get some pictures?
    "Give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry ,March 23, 1775

In Remembrance

I have an Irwindale STG58C that has worked flawless for me, I've had it over 15 years now. After buying it I was worried about what kind of problems I would have with it because of all the bad talk on them but so far I've had none.

Boolit Master

I've had two Entre'prise FALs. Both were built for me using mostly Austrian parts. One worked great with any magazine and was completely reliable. The other was completely reliable with some magazines, but not with others.

The receiver maker was shut down a year or two ago.

Boolit Master
    Been out of town unable to log in. It is irwindale receiver. Stamped STG58c on the side. Must be a mix of parts, has the STG58 barrel, soldered in gas tube. But a 2 piece firing pin. Came with a bipod, just extra weight. Scope mount is solid, came w 2, one the original owner bubba'd, ground off the rail, not sure the reasoning, chucked it.

It weighed a ton at the shop, bipod weight, plus this monstrosity of a scope. Famous maker brand, 4-14x44, 30mm tube. Feels like a brick, 2 or 3 times the weight of my 6-5-20x40 Leupold, and even w 30mm tube like looking thru a straw. Ebay it. Was debating about buying a factory dust cover or using a scope. Guess see how accurate it is first.

So far it runs flawless, just some surplus I bought for my cetme. See how it likes the 200gr cast I load for the cetme, and maybe some more accurate jacketed.