Reloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load DataRepackboxSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Savage 110 and scope suggestions

Boolit Master
    If you are referring to the old weaver top mount rings, I've had good luck with them. Just alternate tightening the screws, about a 1/4 turn at a time, they don't move to much. I don't mind if the reticle is off a little bit, but not a lot! Don't think it makes much of a difference.

I tried the 2 piece weaver and some grand slam rings to no success, sooo I went the other way . This is way more tactical looking than my taste usually are . I don’t know who made these rings but this is an odd rifle and it really works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well my silicone oil finally gave out on the trigger/sear. I have now turned to graphite and it's the best so far. I removed the trigger and colored the trigger where the sear rubs, the sear knotch and the sear itself. Been dry fired a good 50 times now and still great. It really made a nice clean trigger. There is a little creep but it's consistent and very smooth.

Boolit Buddy
    Near that little town in Eygpt or SW Wyoming, whichever
    I am not a Savage 110 fan. (so I only own two)(I just don't care for the looks) Both of mine will shoot better than I can and better than when I could see well. Mine both date from 1995 to 2005 and are pre-acutrigger. Back in the day you could regularly pick up older 110s for cheep and easily change calibers. Sadly those days are gone(at least in this part of the woods). Been following this thread and like where you are headed with this. One last thing. If you haven't already done it, you might do a deep cleaning of the bore to get all the cooper out. It has been my experience that many/most older hunting rifles have never been deep cleaned.

Thanks for the reply Binky.

Just a couple days ago I shot my first cast loads through it. I don't remember the charge but it was 3031 and a 31141. I made up 5, and figured I'd clean it real well first. To my surprise my bore is pitted. Lots of small pits. I didn't see them when I bought the gun, even though I did look. When I bought it, the bore was a little dusty from setting but no signs of rust and I didn't run a rod down it. It appears it had been rusted sometime previously and then cleaned well and continued to be used before I bought it. I've only shot 2 boxes of factory ammo trough it up till now.

I did shoot the cast through it and did about 4" at 50 yards. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. I've got my eye on a barrel on ebay, but a 70.00 barrel makes a 300.00 gun worth 300.00. I still want a winchester model 71 and am thinking bout selling it towards that, but I hate to cause of all the effort I have in it. I like the feel of it, the looks not as much.

Boolit Master

Weaver mounts and Burris Z rings.
    Gun control is not about guns.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234