Load DataLee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Girlfriend ignored my advice.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Is it just me or is it true, that when women reach forty, they begin to think they know everything. Kind of like a teenager does.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas Paul View Post
    Don't sweat the small stuff.
    And this is definitely small stuff.
    Best reply to this whole thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    Is it just me or is it true, that when women reach forty, they begin to think they know everything. Kind of like a teenager does.
    Hmmmm . . . . I believe that is traditionally referred to as a 'mid-life crisis'. Once again I have observed it is not gender specific.

Boolit Buddy
    The lesson learned is, YOU get and have the tires put on the cars from now on.

She can pay you back, somehow....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dk17hmr View Post
    So...... You have been dating her for a month. You aren't in charge of her money or decisions.
    Pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    How do I hold all this generalizing... lol

Quote Originally Posted by dk17hmr View Post
    So...... You have been dating her for a month. You aren't in charge of her money or decisions.
    How does one hit the like button here?
    Last edited by T_McD; 01-16-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Dear lord how did I link that other one?

You can edit or delete the post if you wish.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    Get used to it. At least 1/2 the time in the last 20 some years of marriage I have been ignored, presumed wrong, or my favorite "ok but it wouldn't hurt to ask the guy at home depot what kind of..... to use". My answer has become ok but if you are going to ask him what paint, plumbing fixture, or what have you I should use then I get to interview him first to find out if he knows anything. That has sort of slowed that one down. There are some fellows there that know their stuff but a whole lot that I have to explain what I want, and what it is for before they can even point me to approx. the correct aisle. Being of "mature" years does tend to have offered opportunities to learn some stuff, but being as it's a husband saying it confirmation is generally desirable by the fair side of the partnership.

I'm lucky though, I got her into a legally binding marriage contract. It gives me at least 33% voting rights.
    Two things:
    I have an incredibly supportive wife. She will always take my advise IF SHE UNDERSTANDS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. She has a tendency of saying yes yes yes when she has no idea what I am talking about. Hahahahah. I love that woman.
    The other thing is...what took so long to have someone do this? All my life, including until today people ignore my advise. it would seem that I look like an idiot and people just have a hard time taking me seriously. It p o's me a lot. Especially with computers. I am a dang certified computer technician and people will take their neighbors developmentally disabled kids advise before taking mine....don't get me going here.

Boolit Grand Master
    Some women have a need to make decisions on what would normally and traditionally have been the items the man of the house would do. It makes them feel superior.

In your case, it is apparent she has an extreme case. You did all the leg work to find a good solution at half the cost and she ignored it. She is extremely insecure or nuts or, and it is not uncommon,....both.

Stuff like this may not bother you in the infatuation stage of a relationship but if it is a trend, you will be in trouble down the road.
    Don Verna

This is common in all professions.

Take your car to a garage and tell the mechanic what YOU think is wrong with it or question the advise of your physician and see what reaction you get.

I drive the car 7 days a week. You test drove it for 10 minutes.
    I live in this body 24/7/365. You examine it for 15 minutes every 6 months.

I just *MIGHT* have a bit of relavent information.

Boolit Grand Master

To me it seems:

She was being independent even if financially expensive.
    Valued your opinion enough at the end of the day to have them order the tires you suggested.
    Arguing over this will ensure a short relationship.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    I think, after 43 years married to the same woman, I have a little credibility. She actually asks my opinion sometimes before she has formed her own!
    And if she's anything like my wife of 43 years, she then does whatever she wants to, regardless of your advice.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

I avoid giving my wife or any woman advice about any subject. I don't want to be in the line of fire when things don't go their way.

BB

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WebMonkey View Post
    at least she won't expect YOU to "make it right" when those bad tires go south on her.

Sadly my friend she will rant and rave about how a real man would have talked her out of a bad choice. As I tell my sons, if trees could kiss and cuddle we would throw stones at women. Just kidding but women are a law unto themselves. Regards Stephen

Boolit Master
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts.This little gem has been credited to Harry S.Truman.
    Good luck.have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Moderator Emeritus

About 3 decades ago, I gave a girlfriend some automotive tire advice...As in, 'you need tires, your tires are shot'
    She then proceeded to borrow $800 from me to buy the tires. Six months later we broke up, I haven't heard from her since. I never received any of that $800 back.

What did I learn?
    Always leave a sleeping dog lie.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    I'm lucky though, I got her into a legally binding marriage contract. It gives me at least 33% voting rights.
    I love a success story! 33%! That's incredible!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Some women have a need to make decisions on what would normally and traditionally have been the items the man of the house would do. It makes them feel superior.

In your case, it is apparent she has an extreme case. You did all the leg work to find a good solution at half the cost and she ignored it. She is extremely insecure or nuts or, and it is not uncommon,....both.

Stuff like this may not bother you in the infatuation stage of a relationship but if it is a trend, you will be in trouble down the road.
    winner winner chicken dinner!

And remember, this is the "honeymoon" stage of the relationship.
    Do you think it gets better with time?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast