Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxSnyders JerkyInline FabricationLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ups delivery

Boolit Buddy

ups delivery

I live in the country and my drive way is about 100 yards from the house to the road. For about the last month or two the driver has been dropping packages off at the driveway, fence line and road. I have looked on ups's web page but can not seem to locate something state their delivery policy. I don't care if they leave in front of the garage, down the drive way just don't seem right. has anyone else been through this. thanks rrh

Boolit Buddy
    I don't have that problem, thank goodness. but if I did, i'd be doing some serious complaining to their corporate office to let them know thy need a new driver. that's just wrong in my book.
    Good Judgment comes from Experience, Experience comes from Bad Judgment !

Boolit Master
    I know of fellows who put a large lockbox out at the end of their long driveways for their UPS & other delivery drivers, but I am not sure of the arrangements on how they hide the key, or what arrangements are made. The lock boxes are weighted down, or secured in some way so they cannot be taken away without a lot of work.

I know that would likely be a hassle for some, but it is an idea I thought I would share.

Another option is to talk to the local P.Office & see if there is a way to arrange that the packages are dropped there & you can pick them up at your convenience, and at the same time, reduce the worry that the packages will be stolen.

G'Luck! Just trying to offer some suggestions to help.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Yep, can't imagine my driver doing that! My driveway is right at 1/4 mile, they put it on my porch anyway. Would your driver have trouble turning the truck around at your house? If so he should just walk it up to the house, I would think their inscurance would not approve of "ditch side" dropoff!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    I worked for FedX temporarily for one Christmas season, during a one year severance from a job I had been at for 28 years. The farthest I left some packages was several miles from the customers doorsteps.

Someone pulled up alongside me one day and told me that my back door had come open and some packages had fallen out... and that someone had stopped their car and grabbed them .
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Boolit Master
    My UPS man {TODD} drops my personal ones in the house for us. Todd even gave us his personal cell number if I need to get ahold of him. The two FED X guys are older gentlemen so I tell those guys to leave the package at the bottom of the steps. WE have great service in my town.

Boolit Grand Master

If talking with your rep can’t get them to deliver to the front door, Perhaps a PO Box would solve the issue?

Boolit Master

I have had them drop at the (Open) Gate in the winter with heavy snow ice when the fear the Truck can't get through without being stuck/damaged; otherwise they drive to the house or walk to the house and leave on the Porch.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master
    Ups has started something new in my area. They leave the truck at the road and the driver runs to the house with the package, sets it by the front door, rings the bell and runs back to the truck. My driveway is 100 ft long, with a turnaround. There is plenty of room for them to pull into the turnaround, jump out, deliver the package, run back to the truck, back up the driveway, then go forward to the edge of the road, check for traffic then leave, if everything is clear. Go figure.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I don't get FedEx or UPS delivered here, because they won't leave the paved road. (I live down a long [500'] gravel driveway off the main road) They go to the nearest house they can actually see from mailbox and leave it on the porch. Well, it's obvious that it isn't the right address, because they have a different address right on their mailbox, and it surely isn't my house. It's Section 8 housing and leaving packages on the front porch there definitely does not constitute delivery. This isn't Mayberry and everybody does not love thy neighbor. So I am REALLY careful when I order something that it doesn't come here via either of those two carriers.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    both fed-ex and ups leave ours on the porch and leave a treat for the dog. the mail lady leaves packages in my truck.

Boolit Grand Master

I've been very happy with UPS. I don't have a long driveway but I bet my regular delivery guy would travel it if I did. So would the Gal before him. FedX does ok except they occasionally deliver to the wrong address. It works ok, we have good neighbors. And nothing but praise for USPS. Maybe it helps being a small town?

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

Build a large box and place it on your porch for the packages Oh never mine they will NOT USE IT well they wont use it here even with notes on the front door and signs on the box. Good luck
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

My dad's place is 3/4 mile gravel driveway off the pavement the BBT has always dilivered to the porch even though the mail box is at the end of his driveway . If the driver cant turn around he can always back down your drive if he cant handle that then he should be walking the package up or finding a new job , I'd be making some phone calls for sure .
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master

We have very good UPS service, Fedex is hit or miss, USPS is the best in our area.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master

I live in the country also and the UPS guys drive the half mile to the house if the gate is open if it is closed they put the package in a trash bag to protect against the weather and place the package on my side of the fence. The Postal lady has my number and calls me if the gate is closed and to see how I want the box handled. Great folks here in Central Texas and for the most part look after each other and their property.

gmsharps

Boolit Master
    UPS driver stoped and picked up mail I dropped at the end of drive 1/8 mile from house and placed back in box. Very nice guy, and always puts pkgs.out of rain either in garage or special large box designed UPS,USPS, FEDX.

Boolit Master
    I'd be happy if UPS and FEDX could just find my house and I live in town

Boolit Master
    it is not the company it is the person. most go out of their way to go a good job. others it is just a paycheck.the latter don't last long.

Boolit Master
    Yes, our driveway is a good 200', when it snows or is muddy, our UPS guy will tie the package up in a clear bag and tie it to our gate. I've had to pull the UPS truck out at least 3 times, they're way heavier than they look even pulling with a diesel F350. I always get them out, but I'd rather just walk down the driveway to get the packages. I tell him not to risk getting stuck, because I may not be home one of these times and he'll have a long wait on a tow truck. We live 12 miles from a town of 800 in a county of 4400 total, so nothing happens quickly here. Especially when a guy is in a hurry.
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast