Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
WidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: Consumer Warning: Do NOT Buy a New Alessi Holster !

Consumer Warning: Do NOT Buy a New Alessi Holster !

The original owner of Alessi Holsters passed away, and now someone has apparently hijacked his name and is collecting $$$, but not delivering product.

Read about it here:

https://www.shootersforum.com/handgu...s-dont-do.html

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master
    So far, you're the only one who's posted on this subject. No one else got "snookered", so why did you? Why not post the bad link that you bought off of instead? Your post on shootersforum was a drive-by just to complain. Not enough info here.

Boolit Master

at one time alessi holsters were about the best you could buy. after Lou passed (now many years), the family took it over. it is quite possible the company has gone down hill , but this is the first i have ever heard a bad comment about alessi holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by lefty o View Post
    at one time alessi holsters were about the best you could buy. after Lou passed (now many years), the family took it over. it is quite possible the company has gone down hill , but this is the first i have ever heard a bad comment about alessi holsters.
    Lou was my mentor, so I know a bit about this. Lou passed away 10 years ago next month. After he passed the family DID NOT take over. It was sold to a weasel named Tom Kulwicki. Lou's daughter worked there for a time, sewing holsters. She was treated badly and harassed in a way that would have had Lou stuffing a muzzle down Tom's throat had he still been alive. Thankfully Tom is no longer upright, and Tom's daughter and her husband DID take over. All they know about.making holsters is what they learned from Tom, and he didn't know **** (but he talked like he did). The stuff from the new Alessi shop (the past 10 years) is garbage, and I bet Lou has been rolling over in his grave. Ritchie isn't much better in my opinion, and my guess is that they stole all of Lou's patterns while "Helping" out at the shop. Every holster they make is an exact copy of Lou's, including snap loop designs, etc. Not an original idea in the whole catalog.
    If you live on the razor's edge and slip, you will die in two pieces

BTW, I'm not sure I believe that guy that thinks he was a personal friend of Sam's...since his name is Lou, and his wife never had anything to do with the company, other than to sell it. I still talk to her and her daughter on occasion.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 5Shot View Post
    BTW, I'm not sure I believe that guy that thinks he was a personal friend of Sam's...since his name is Lou, and his wife never had anything to do with the company, other than to sell it. I still talk to her and her daughter on occasion.
    i noticed the guy called him sam too. LOL

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Interesting read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Here's their booth at SHOT Show... I would say they aren't doing so well (Setup is over).

Boolit Master
    I guess I got lucky

I bought my first Alessi holster (& belt) 9 years ago, have bought two additional holsters between then & now, along with magazine holsters etc. Apart from the wait time(s), I have been very satisfied with them, and IMO the quality has been great. (I have none of Lou's work to compare them to though)

I hope this isn't so, and things get straightened out if there is an issue. I've been considering ordering another belt from them due to losing so much weight..
    Bob