Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackbox
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2nd time scope has come loose on my ruger american 450 bushmaster...need help!

Scope mounting rule no. 1: Run each screw that joins the base to the receiver down, all by itself and see if the base moves when the screw is fully bottomed out. If the base moves, the screw is to long, shorten it. If the base does not move, do the same to the next screw and so on. back off each screw before testing the others.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

A bit of an old thread but it highlights my experience with Rugers in general and especially their customer service. I think most people with Rugers that run flawless just don't shoot much. I really want a Super Redhawk in 480, then I remember the trouble I've had.

Quote Originally Posted by 0verkill View Post
    A bit of an old thread but it highlights my experience with Rugers in general and especially their customer service. I think most people with Rugers that run flawless just don't shoot much. I really want a Super Redhawk in 480, then I remember the trouble I've had.
    You'll have more trouble with you hands getting beat to snot than you will with the gun.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

That might keep me from shooting it the 3 times it would take to break something in it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234