Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: Bushnell bore sighter

Boolit Buddy

Bushnell bore sighter

I have the Bushnell (so called) 'Professional Bore Sighter' collimator that came with three adjustable arbors. Unfortunately, no arbor for the 17's and 5's. Now I see that Bushnell has a 'Deluxe' collimator that comes with 15 fixed arbors. Can't find a description of how the 'magnetic' attachment works so I'll ask: will the new arbors work with my 30 year old collimator. There is an 'outlet store' 10 miles down the road where perhaps I could get just the arbors if they are interchangeable from one (collimator) to the other. Thanks...

Boolit Master
    They do make a 50-12ga. adjustable arbor (I just picked one up on closeout at Midsouth). The arbor is Bushnell and works just fine in my Simmons boresighter. Mine used a thumbscrew to tighten the arbor to the unit...tightening on a flat spot that is milled.
    I have the 22 and 30 cal. fixed that came with the unit plus an adjustable 25-35 cal. and the new large one. Before purchasing the new large arbor I had turned aluminum rod and used those as boresighter arbors. They were a pain to keep aligned as I didn't have the spring to keep them taught.

My boresighter in not magnetic, but has no trouble with the two Bushnell adjustable arbors.